Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #1

Sky light leak, sqeeky slide out

Hi All. This past week I discovered that my skylight is cracked and in heavy rain water leaked in through one of the recessed lights into the coach (2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer) The repair was easy and is done. The coach was covered all winter but if I press on the ceiling material next to the recessed light I still get some water dripping into the coach. No water damage in the coach is visible but was wondering if I should do anything (or if I can do anything) about the moisture in the ceiling.
The second issue is that the slide out on the drivers side squeaks like crazy when I am driving even on moderately bumpy roads. It dives me nuts and wasn't fun on my last 1700 mile trip last week. I am taking it to the dealer to take a look at it as it is still under warranty. Any suggestions? When the slide is in it is tighter on the top then the bottom but that is the case on all the slides but this is the only one the squeaks so loudly.

It's a 2012 Holiday Rambler Vacationer.
Thanks for any replays
Malkman68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Florida Cooters Club
If it was mine, I would use a wet/dry shop vac gently to extract as much water as possible as soon as I could. Then put a fan blowing on the wet spot for as long as necessary to dry it out completely. Good Luck.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You should think about putting a dehumidifier it there for awhile. It needs to be dried out before mildew starts. If it does you will have much bigger problems.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #4

Thank you for the replies. I took down the inner skylight to find that the leak must have been going on since I bought it (8/12/12)...mold everywhere. I am fed up with this MH. Like I said earlier I have an appointment for warranty service on the slide out as well (second time for that). In addition the generator is throwing a code and not running and a host of other things that turned up on our first trip of this season. At this point I want out of this MH, enough vacations ruined and i bought this NEW. Calling Holiday Rambler tomorrow to get rid of this lemon.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
You likely will not get a refund. Several folks endure quirks in the first year. On the roof, there likely is hidden damage if there is any wood involved. You'll want to be sure that more than the skylight repair, there may be other damage to address that will show up later that you will want addressed now.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:33 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkman68 View Post
Thank you for the replies. I took down the inner skylight to find that the leak must have been going on since I bought it (8/12/12)...mold everywhere. I am fed up with this MH. Like I said earlier I have an appointment for warranty service on the slide out as well (second time for that). In addition the generator is throwing a code and not running and a host of other things that turned up on our first trip of this season. At this point I want out of this MH, enough vacations ruined and i bought this NEW. Calling Holiday Rambler tomorrow to get rid of this lemon.
Well, that stinks! Sorry you're having problems with your new RV and I hope they can get it repaired to your satisfaction.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
I feel for you. It's a shock to the system buying new, paying lot's of money and not having things work! I doubt they'll take it back, but at least it's on warranty. I hope you can work through the problems and get back on the road.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:05 AM   #8

Here is the latest. I called holiday rambler for warranty work authorization and they sent me to the closest camping world to me (2 hours away). When I got there I found out t hey don't do such work on holiday ramblers and all work would be out of pocket. The service manager looked at the unit and said " do to the extensive black mold we recommend that no one occupy or drive the unit". He even spoke to holiday rambler who said sorry nothing we can do. I am waiting for a call from a supervisor at HR since they were in meetings all day yesterday. Meanwhile there are a whole host of other warranty items needing fixing and I have a trip planned in two weeks for Disney. I think it's time to call a lawyer as I should not be stuck like this with a brand new unit.