Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2021, 08:41 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Rooster View Post
I知 throwing mine away and good riddance it has never slept good even with a memory topper. I知 going with a 12 inch memory foam.
It don't sleep, you do.
Kurtsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2021, 11:14 AM   #16

Quote:
I知 throwing mine away and good riddance it has never slept good even with a memory topper. I知 going with a 12 inch memory foam.
Well Roost,
First off, we've slept pretty darn good on ours in the 10 years and 97K miles. Our only issue has been a pump PC board go bad. As stated, we got another one and have been happy since.

Second, we have a 4" memory foam on our bed at our house. That piece of foam is for a California King type/size bed. That piece of foam weighs a TON! I flip it over every once in a while so it wears evenly. And you say you installed a 12" version? Man, that thing has to weigh a lot, being 3x thicker than our home residential unit.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:00 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtsara View Post
It don't sleep, you do.

I work 10-12 hours days and maybe get 4-5 hours sleep.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:01 PM   #18

Sleep number bed issue, "Er" appears on the remotes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Well Roost,

First off, we've slept pretty darn good on ours in the 10 years and 97K miles. Our only issue has been a pump PC board go bad. As stated, we got another one and have been happy since.

Second, we have a 4" memory foam on our bed at our house. That piece of foam is for a California King type/size bed. That piece of foam weighs a TON! I flip it over every once in a while so it wears evenly. And you say you installed a 12" version? Man, that thing has to weigh a lot, being 3x thicker than our home residential unit.

Scott

Who cares what it weights I only have to carry it once. It should weight about 120 lbs about the size of a good woman.
Old 04-14-2021, 06:18 AM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
"What to do"?
Well, after multiple attempts at trying to remedy that same "ER" code with ours, we determined the pump controls were shot. When something like that happens, unless one is some sort of electrical PC board wizard, and likes diagnosing bad diodes, resistors, capacitors and all that, there's only one thing to do. And that is sh.. can the pump and order a new one from Amazon. We did that and had it in two days.

We simply removed the hoses from the old pump and, inserted them onto the fittings of the new pump. We plugged in the new pump and, followed the instructions for airing up each side of the mattress, DONE!

Yes, it was a tad on the expensive side but, what else ya gonna do, throw the bed away and get a regular mattress, nope, ain't happening. I think we spent around a $150 or so for a new pump. I wasn't thrilled with that but, again, not much else that can be done. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Scott
Hey Scott, Thanks for the response, but I still need to know where to find the dang air mattress box w/ the compressor in it. It is hidden somewhere which we can't seem to locate. We've looked in the side cabinet, under the bed where we store blankets, we even went into the outside basement there and we can't find it!! We can see the hoses from the mattress going down a hole, but can't find any access. YIKES! Fleetwood Southwind 2011
BreNan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #20

Quote:
Who cares what it weights I only have to carry it once. It should weight about 120 lbs about the size of a good woman.
I have to care what it weighs. We store stuff under that bed and have to lift it on an every-so-often basis to retrieve and replace stuff. Those gas struts are only so strong so, what's on there right now, and, based on the way the struts are mounted, that's about max of weight they can handle.
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreNan View Post
Hey Scott, Thanks for the response, but I still need to know where to find the dang air mattress box w/ the compressor in it. It is hidden somewhere which we can't seem to locate. We've looked in the side cabinet, under the bed where we store blankets, we even went into the outside basement there and we can't find it!! We can see the hoses from the mattress going down a hole, but can't find any access. YIKES! Fleetwood Southwind 2011
You're welcome Sir. Now, as for the location of your pump. This can't be too hard. If you see hose go down into the floor from the bed, they gotta lead somewhere for sure. Motorhome manufacturers do some dumb things when making these rolling Kleenex boxes but, hiding a mattress air pump inside a floor most likely didn't happen. You're gonna have to get under that coach, in the immediate area where those hoses go down into the floor and see if you can see evidence of where they come out of the bottom of the floor.

Without being there, and not knowing your coaches exact layout and floor plan, it's hard to give advise on where your pumps living quarters might be. Keep us informed will ya, this is interesting.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:01 AM   #21

Quote:
I have to care what it weighs. We store stuff under that bed and have to lift it on an every-so-often basis to retrieve and replace stuff. Those gas struts are only so strong so, what's on there right now, and, based on the way the struts are mounted, that's about max of weight they can handle.

Scott

You're welcome Sir. Now, as for the location of your pump. This can't be too hard. If you see hose go down into the floor from the bed, they gotta lead somewhere for sure. Motorhome manufacturers do some dumb things when making these rolling Kleenex boxes but, hiding a mattress air pump inside a floor most likely didn't happen. You're gonna have to get under that coach, in the immediate area where those hoses go down into the floor and see if you can see evidence of where they come out of the bottom of the floor.

Without being there, and not knowing your coaches exact layout and floor plan, it's hard to give advise on where your pumps living quarters might be. Keep us informed will ya, this is interesting.

Scott

Well I changed out my sleep number for a 12 inch 4 layer memory foam. No problem with lifting to store underneath or with the slide going in and out. You would be surprised how much a glorified air mattress actually weights itself.

Tags
remote