Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-29-2018, 05:40 AM   #1

Slide not sealing when retracted

We have a 2007 HR Endeavor 40SFT. The road side slide is a full wall slide and also a flat floor slide. The front top corner of the slide does not seal against the coach when it is retracted. There is a good 1" gap. This causes wind noise and water to get in. The slide mechanism is a powergear/LCI hydraulic setup. I have tried a few adjustments but nothing seems to work. The only adjustments on this seem to be moving the outside wall of the slide up and down and side to side. Nothing will tip the top of the slide towards the coach. At least that I can figure out. I have spoken to LCI and they were no help at all.

I am considering getting a slide lock for it to suck the top corner in during travel but I feel like that is just a band aid for whatever the real problem is.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.
R-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2018, 06:37 AM   #2

R-racer-

Here are some links for you. The first two may apply, may not. Our coach has electric slides, so what I know about them may not apply to your coach at all.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/slid...nt-152602.html
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/slid...uts-73806.html
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mona...ite%3Airv2.com

A call to the Lippert/PowerGear folks may be in order.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 10:10 AM   #3

Thanks very much for the reply. I have searched high and low for people with similar issues and have not found anything. If someone is not sealing at the bottom they can simply adjust the "pull" on the hydraulics or linkage. However if you aren't sealing at the top as mine is, that doesn't seem to be an option.

I have already spoken with LCI and they told me that it sounded like a coach issue and not the slide mechanism issue so they couldn't help me.

If someone on here has some thoughts that would be great!
Old 03-29-2018, 11:32 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe this will help!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f59/slide...ir-369830.html
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #5

MSHappyCampers, that is an amazing idea and I am sure did a great job for your issue. Unfortunately my issue is not when the slide is out but rather when the slide is in. It is not sealing tight against the outside of the coach at the top in front. Therefore when I go down the road it makes a lot of wind noise and also allows water in.
Old 03-29-2018, 01:56 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-racer View Post
MSHappyCampers, that is an amazing idea and I am sure did a great job for your issue. Unfortunately my issue is not when the slide is out but rather when the slide is in. It is not sealing tight against the outside of the coach at the top in front. Therefore when I go down the road it makes a lot of wind noise and also allows water in.
Oh yeah, I just didn't read your post close enough. So the top of your slide is not going tight against the wall, right?
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 07:29 PM   #7

That is correct but I'm talking about the outside of the slide not sealing to the outside of the coach.

Tags
seal, slide