Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #15

As A32Deuce said, you need the batteries ON to charge them, unless you have an inverter/ charger hooked directly to the batteries.

If you have an inverter/charger, you may need to enable the charge mode on it.

You only switch off the batteries if in storage and have no shore power.

On another note, the gauge your showing 7 on is an amp gauge not a volt gauge. Something is drawing 7 amps.

There should be a way to see volts.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2018, 11:11 AM   #16

{they are slightly swollen don’t appear real old}
They are 5 years old and if they are swollen they have been frozen and a dead battery will freeze. If a battery drops to 12.1 it is at 50% charge. I have boon dock for 7 days with a RR frig and never had low batteries because I start my gen-set when they get to 12.2v and my are 6 years old and my inverter has never been turn off in 5 years when I got the frig installed.
2 stroker
2 Stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:04 PM   #17

I had the same problem and it was 2fold, biggest current draw was the inverter was bad, and one glow plug also bad causing short and drawing down NEW batteries
Disconnected inverter and new glow plugs fixed my problem
charliearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 08:17 PM   #18

The panel looks like a full energy management system. I'm thinking he has an Inverter/converter connected directly to both battery banks. How else would it show both batteries... Given that I don't think he knows what the the meter means.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:40 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRUSH311 View Post
My meter

Look at the top right corner. Battery volt meter is blank. Turn the batterys on!
A32Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:21 AM   #20
YC1

Quote:
I’m beginning to suspect the batteries are bad
I let the generator run all night and I had 7 volts showing within 30 mins and I had the batteries off so nothing could draw

Swollen batteries?? Yep, get them out of there..

The 7 amps showing is AC amps.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 10:54 AM   #21

Quote:
Will be getting all 4 of these tested it’s got to be the batteries

The batteries are 5 years old. More than old enough to become useless if not properly maintained.
RVPioneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:56 PM   #22

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Look at the top right corner. Battery volt meter is blank. Turn the batterys on!
Not so! I have same energy management system panel in my Bounder. The meter only shows a reading for batteries when you hold in the main or aux button.
Old 04-07-2018, 09:25 PM   #23

He also said when the generator was running, he had the batterys off to prevent any draw from them. They need to be on to charge and sorry I did not know All about that panel!
Old 04-07-2018, 09:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicchuck View Post
Not so! I have same energy management system panel in my Bounder. The meter only shows a reading for batteries when you hold in the main or aux button.
Did you read any of the above or just jump on this?
Old 04-08-2018, 06:23 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
Did you read any of the above or just jump on this?
Funny. Read the entire thread. Not going to argue about this. If batteries are swollen, he obviously needs new batteries. A week ago I had to replace my coach batteries due to two busted batteries.
majicchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 09:28 AM   #26
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by majicchuck View Post
Funny. Read the entire thread. Not going to argue about this. If batteries are swollen, he obviously needs new batteries. A week ago I had to replace my coach batteries due to two busted batteries.

Can lead them to water but sometimes. You know the rest.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote