Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-14-2013, 11:18 AM   #43

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by desobelman View Post
The Michelin XRV is the one made for RV use. The others work well also. I think you should check the tire pressure listed on the specs decal located somewhere in your MH. Not sure where it is in your coach, but is on the wall to the left of my drivers seat in mine. That tells you what the manufacturer suggests aas the best pressure to use. Also need to weigh all four corners to see what actual weight on each tire is and adjust pressure accordingly.

I have a 24,000 lb chassis running Michelin XRV 235/80R 22.5 at 95 front 90 rear. Tracks beautifully.

Good luck, and............

Happy Trails!

Darryl
The pressure on the wall chart is only useful if you've never weighted the rig. It's the minimum pressure for the maximum loaded weight of the RV. If your actual weight is below that then you have too much pressure in the tires.
Also, all tires on an axle must have the same pressure and it should be the pressure required for the heaviest side.
Almost every RV tire manufacturer publishes an RV Tire Guide. I have them for Michelin, GoodYear and Toyo, plus some of the lesser used brands. EVERYONE should get one or download it off the Internet, it answers mostr of these type questions.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-14-2013, 12:09 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by csrrsr View Post
Different blow outs for different folks.......I'm not sure you'll find one person out there with any brand that hasn't had problems with a particular brand of tire. If my Michelins, Goodyear, Toyos, etc blew out on me on the road I'd be the first to tell everyone how rotten those tires were. Fact is....there are no real facts. Could've been factory defect, under inflated, over inflated, loose lugs, alignment, shocks...there just isn't any way to truly tell anyone what tire to buy and be 100% assured through your recommendation that nobody will ever have a problem. So, weigh your coach (all four sides) and use factory inflation recommendations for whatever brand of tire is your choice. And just know you will never have 100% peace of mind. All man made devices are prone to failure. I truly believe unless you evaluate your own vehicle weight and use correct PSI's for that weight, nobody here can give you accurate information...only the brand of tire they won't buy again.
Could not have said it better myself. I have used Michelins for years with very good success. I am very fussy about tire maintenance and not trying to get every ounce of life from them. Works for me, maybe I've just been lucky.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #45

Well here is the rest of the story! First, thanks for all the help. After speaking w/ the warranty/ tech in South Carolina, he assured me that based on the corner weights that I gave him he suggested that I had way too much air in all the tires. WHO would have ever thought that! NOT ME. OK 102 in the fronts and 90-95 in the rear. Hooked up the Silverado to the bar and went for a 80 mile round trip. What a difference, a good step in the right direction. I think I'll buy some scales and hit the road.
Thanks again, Dennis

2009 Crossroads Zinger pulled by a 2013 Chevy 4X4 Pickup. R.I.P. Kendall 3/17/2011
Two Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:39 PM   #46

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I've been running our Michelins at the recommended pressure plus 5 psi just to have a reserve in case they leak down. Since I check the tires every day before moving and watch the temps I may drop the 5 psi extra and see what it does for the handling/ride.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #47

I bet you can't tell the difference on changing a 100 psi tire pressure by 5 psi. Maybe a 10 psi change you can start feeling the difference.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:42 PM   #48
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Sides View Post
Well here is the rest of the story! First, thanks for all the help. After speaking w/ the warranty/ tech in South Carolina, he assured me that based on the corner weights that I gave him he suggested that I had way too much air in all the tires. WHO would have ever thought that! NOT ME. OK 102 in the fronts and 90-95 in the rear. Hooked up the Silverado to the bar and went for a 80 mile round trip. What a difference, a good step in the right direction. I think I'll buy some scales and hit the road.
Thanks again, Dennis
Thank you for the update.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #49

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
I bet you can't tell the difference on changing a 100 psi tire pressure by 5 psi. Maybe a 10 psi change you can start feeling the difference.
I guess I'll find out won't I?

Tags
tires