Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-24-2022, 06:36 PM   #1

Spartan Codes

Hi I’m new here , bought a 2010 Tiffin allegro bus 43QGP and I’m somewhat mechanically inclined as I ran a landscaping business for the last 42 years I’m having a code come up on the dash read out of MID 178 Data Cnvrtr. PID 118 FM1.
I have had an issue with the dash panel not agreeing with what’s actually happening , with the trans in neutral and parking brake on, it’s not recognizing the parking brake being on ,buzzer.
Sounds to me like a pressure switch on the pressure side of the parking brake might be out or a wire off that makes any sense any ideas would be helpful thanks in advance
Plowman 6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-29-2022, 04:58 PM   #2

Sounds like Spartan specific codes. You would need to reach out to them to find out for sure.

Here is a guy who had your code as well as some others. He summarizes he experience at the end of the threads.

Good luck!

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/spa...st-258901.html
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:07 PM   #3

Spartan codes

I did some looking on YouTube also through different sites and found that my specific code was to deal with the crank engine filter I’ve since replaced the crank filter which is on top of the engine I have a 425 Cummings ,right on top of the valve cover replaced it ,150 bucks Canadian +tax, put it in ! that was a bit of a pain to get into ,had to remove the inner panels in the bathroom once that was done ,it’s sitting right there , 12 bolts ,remove the cover ,remove the filter, installed the new one ,put the 12 Bolts back in ,started it up within two minutes the check engine light and stop engine light we’re gone.
Plowman 6413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 01:14 PM   #4

Great News!

I know that filter should be changed at least once a year as they cause all sorts of issues. I have a 2008 with the Cummins 425 HP ISL and found the best deal on one made by the same manufacturer in Dorman PN 904-7902.

You can buy one here (maybe it is the same for yours as well): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
gjames50 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spartan