Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-04-2007, 04:18 AM   #1

I recently have noticed a squeaky kithen floor where we have tile. Any ideas on how to fix ar resolve. The squeak is becomming annoying. We have a 40' DP.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Mike and Gerri
Happytrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-04-2007, 04:18 AM   #2

I recently have noticed a squeaky kithen floor where we have tile. Any ideas on how to fix ar resolve. The squeak is becomming annoying. We have a 40' DP.
Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Mike and Gerri
Happytrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 11:11 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Is one of the tiles loose causing the squeek? Do you have extra tiles if so? Anyone else have any ideas as to how to remmody this problem?
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:20 AM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
If it is a squeak it is most likely the wood sub floor. I had the same problem in a 5ver that I had, it squeaked since it was new. It was right in front of the galley sink, so it had the most traffic of anyplace in the rig. I never got it fixed until I finally pulled up the linoleum floor and replaced it with plank flooring. I had to locate the supports under the subfloor and add several screws to stop the squeak. Big job to fix a squeak, but the only one that will work long term (that I could think of).

Sarge
mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2021
SargeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:23 PM   #5
adj

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have successfully rid my coach of a squeak in the bathroom area by repositioning my jacks.

Only a suggestion, you may have other problems.

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:51 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Sometimes there are bolts through the subfloor to the frame below and they can be tightened from inside the storage bays. Or you may be able to drive a screw up from below or place a shim between a floor support and the subfloor. Hard to say what technique might work, short of pulling up the tiles to get at the subfloor.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:53 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Squeaks are annoying. Speaking fom a construction background, these are the steps I would take: Have a helper repeatedly step on the area where the squeak is occuring. Meanwhile, you need to stick your head into the adjoining compartments below, to pinpoint the exact location from that side. Now you know exactly where it is topside and below. Now, can you access the area from below? Can you physically see the support with the subfloor on top of it? If you can, I would do 2 things. First I would insert a thin would shim, available in packs at Lowes, between the subfloor and the frame member, 2nd, I would get a tube of Liquid Nails construction adhesive. Cut the end of the nozzle small, and squirt as much as needed to fill the area between the frame and subfloor at that spot, and around the shim. After 24 hrs curing, squeak should be gone. All this is IF you can see the area. If you cannot see the area, then you really should tackle the fix from above, which will mean removing floor tile. Pinpoint the area, remove the tile, run in some 1 1/4 inch self tapping screws in the support area, until squeak is gone. Might take 2 or 3 screws. When squeak is gone, replace floor tile. A third and more tricky option would be cutting an access hole from below to access it if it is hidden. This would be my last resort, as I would be concerned about hidden piping and wiring.
Old 07-05-2007, 05:30 PM   #8

Happy Trails

I have never done this, so its just my suggested opinion. First, floors are somwhat like roofs. Where the water drips in not necessary where you need to fix the leak. So where it squaks is not necessarily where you need to secure the floor.

This said, does Monaco have the tiles in stock for your coach? This would help is you have to remove the tile(s). You also need to get the grout color. It you decide to pull the tiles, get a drimel with a small cutting blade and go around the tile with a cut all the way to the wood floor. Then you could try prying the tile up, but more than likely it will break, but only the one(s) you are prying since you have disconnected it from the other tiles. If possible ask a tech at Monaco where you might possibly screw the floor to some form of cross beam. Good luck. s/Toby