Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #15

Another thought. Since the hyd level was so low, perhaps air was introduced into the hyd system and is causing the bounce/movement. Can't speak of Power Gear, but HWH hyd system says to retract the jacks and hold the button for about 20 seconds. This supposedly helps purge air from the system. That''s on the L
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-16-2013, 10:19 PM   #16

Our 05 Diplomat has only three jacks, one in the front and two in the rear. I think it was very cheap of Monaco to offer this system as their base leveling system. Anyhow, yes we feel movement coming in and out of the coach, now in SO CAL with the winds blowing and our slides out we also feel quit a bit movement when it gusts. We are leveled on very solid ground, btw my DW is a very heavy footed walker and I feel he walking around. I guess the bottom line is it isn't a home.
1948boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #17

Since you were low on fluid, I would fully extend and fully retract all jacks several times (how Power Gear says to purge the air), and I would recheck the fluid level after each retract cycle. If it's not full before extending, you could add more air to the system.

In my opinion, you will never fully eliminate the wobble. The 4 jack power gear system is the functional equivalent of the 3 jack system as the front two jacks are plumbed together to prevent frame twisting by the jack system. Therefore, when you enter the coach placing weight on the passenger front, that corresponding jack will retract slightly and the jack on the driver side will extend slightly.

I think it also varies by jack manufacturer, motorhome manufacturer, and how the jacks are mounted to the frame. My first motorhome with HWH jacks did not have as much wobble as the current one.

Fred
Old 12-20-2013, 07:32 AM   #18

If you're on a concrete pad, with jacks extended manually to the point the coach is resting on them solidly, and you feel motion, it's the coach itself flexing. You can add more jacks (like maybe under the step?) or you can ignore it. You've got the best you're going to get.
Old 10-12-2014, 06:40 AM   #19

Assume you have emptied suspension air bags?
Protech441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 10:33 AM   #20

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I will assume you have hydraulic jacks (mostly because this is less likely to happen with electric jacks)

Two thoughts.. First I strongly suspect I have air in the lines on mine.. When I replace a defective jack (Right now I use other hand jacks on that corner) I will add a device to eliminate air.

Second, hoses, unlike pipes, tend to expand a bit under pressure, and I have like 35 feet of hose on each of my rear jacks So there is some give.

Solution if parked LONG TERM.

Get a couple of heavy duty Jack Stands. Jack up more than needed and then lower onto stand, NO GIVE, though they may sink into the ground

(My jack stand sits atop a 2x12)

Tags
jacks