Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-24-2013, 04:06 PM   #1

The GB Pursuit of perfection

I'm going to buy and modify a late nineties Gl
eorgie boy Pursuit. Step one:acquiring the RV. Still waiting for the (moderator edit) judge to give my family the money. Then I'll put 10k downn and takke a loan for the balance. Figure 3-5k. The comes the mods. A banks power system figuure 2k plus installation
End first month. Second month Tire pressure monitoring system. $279 plus installation.
jasright is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like quite a plan.

What TPMS did you find for $279?

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:54 AM   #3

The third and maybe the most difficult task will be calculating sq.footage in the battery compartment or rather configuring LFP 12v batteries to find the maximum I can fit since ttthey're especially stackable. I'm not just looking to power the appliances. I want to power a couple of electric motors and make a giant hybrid. Predominantly solar powered.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:01 AM   #4

Tpmodel number tpm-306h. 6tire safeguard system on Amazon.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:10 AM   #5

The sensors sre flow thru so I cam cement them on so they don't get lost or stolen. Plus they come with nice sized monitor that gives tire temp nd position as well. And it's U.S. made.
Old 09-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #6

Been looking at the EVO2 12cell lfp battery for $165 on Amazon. It has 410 amps and weighs 3.2lbs. Not bad!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:46 PM   #7

I'd like to rename this thread the Pursuit of Hapiness. I just got $8000. In checks from the a progressove settlement and a $500 distribution for the estate so woth $8000. in my account I emmailed the '94 Georgie boy owner to make arrangements for the sale. With any luck Ill be on the road by tthis weekend. Please GOD. Please!
Old 10-08-2013, 05:35 PM   #8

The owner says it's got new tires and brakes but needs a generator. I've been looking at the 4000watt generator by Champion for under $500. Maybe I could get some feedback.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:01 PM   #9

I also want to buy a battery monitoring system.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #10

My younger brother now tells me we want a two or three bedroom apartment in Yonkers not a motorhome. Ill give him till next week then I'm ggetting what I want.

Tags
georgie boy