Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2021, 05:32 PM   #1

Thor Tuscany wiper blades

We have a 2014 Thor Tuscany that needs new wiper blades but rv parts places don't seem to carry replacement blades that will fit. 28 vs the 32 We need, and J connection that won't work for us. Any ideas?????
mjbadb85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2021, 06:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjbadb85 View Post
We have a 2014 Thor Tuscany that needs new wiper blades but rv parts places don't seem to carry replacement blades that will fit. 28 vs the 32 We need, and J connection that won't work for us. Any ideas?????

Try Camping World.

2016 DSDP 4369, Freightliner Chassis, AF One brake system, 2016 Chevy Equinox
Tigerfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 08:38 PM   #3

I have 28", found replacements at rockauto.com for $4 each on closeout. Search by part name instead of vehicle. Can't remember if they had 32".
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 12:30 AM   #4
Decrepit Forum Advocate

Welcome to the forum.

I always recommend RVupgrades for a lot of things but especially for wiper blades as they have an excellent selection of WiperTechnologies (Diesel Equipment) inventory. They are slightly more expensive than what you'd buy at Walmart or the local auto parts store but WT blades are heavy-duty and well constructed.

The Wiper Technologies catalog lists a WT8-32 for a 2014 Tuscany. However, that is a J-hook ...go HERE

The same blade without the J-hook mount is the WT6-32 ...go HERE

WiperTechnologies (Diesel Equipment) Premium Recreational Vehicle Wiper Blade Application Guide

They are the same price and both are in stock.

Since we are allowed to recommend forum sponsors, I highly endorse RVupgrades as they are a forum sponsor and its owner is the founder of the iRV2 forums. From my own experince, they are the best online vendor for RV accessories. Excellent customer service, fast shipping, and a vast inventory.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WiperTech-Guide page 10 and 31 pdf.png
Views:	36
Size:	248.7 KB
ID:	327938  
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:23 AM   #5

Modify the wiper arm J-hook

2015 Thor Palazzo 33.3 - had same difficulty finding 32" wiper blades & they were expensive. Wiper blades are the type of item you might need to replace with a quick trip to any town wallyword. I modified the windshield wiper arms by milling 0.065" from each side of each J-hook (went from stock 12mm wide J-hook to automotive standard 9mm wide). Standard 28 wiper blades will now fit the arms. The "smaller" blades work perfectly well and clear a more than adequate viewing area. Blades are easy to find and very much less expensive. If you don't have access to a milling machine a grinder will work just as well. As a side note, when I removed the passenger side wiper arm I found the drive hub was smooth (no spline cuts). Used a grinder to cut some grooves and always pre-trip check the tightness of the retaining bolt. Wipers work flawlessly. Also added a momentary push button switch near the driver's side cup holder so I can sweep the wipers with a push of the button AND can find the button without taking my eyes off the road or reaching for the dash switch. Very often the wiper delay settings don't match the rain conditions. Wipers on dry windshield are like finger nails on a chalkboard to this crazy person.
Safetysteve5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 02:17 PM   #6

Or you can go to Walmart and buy the RainX Latitude B28 wiper blades that come with the large J-hook adapter. Half the price of the 32" blades and clear as much windshield area as you need.
Old 05-18-2021, 06:09 PM   #7

Try https://wipers123.com/
They stock a lot of RV and big rig wiper blades.

Tags
thor, tuscany