Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2016, 06:38 AM   #1

Tiffin likes/dislikes

Anyone out there have anything good or bad to say about tiffins?
bobincincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2016, 06:51 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Very nice coaches...my only issue, when I last shopped, was I had closet doors come off in my hands. That kinda turned me off. But they stand behind their product, so any problems should be workable in Red Bay.

There are some good alternatives you should look at, Newmar and Entegra, before you spend the big bucks. If you are going used, you need to read the Tiffin forum thoroughly for model years where there were issues and recalls for some pretty serious issues. JMHO

Welcome to iRV2.
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 07:53 AM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Hope you reside near, or don't mind cross country trips to Red Bay.
Old 09-19-2016, 08:01 AM   #4

If you have a strong interest in Tiffin's I would suggest you join and read the Tiffin RV Network Forum. It may help you to get the insight you will need to make a sound judgment.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:33 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I've no issues requiring RedBay. Know of 6 MH's nearby, also without such issues. I believe most of Factory traffic is due to convenience, one-stop-do-all or just plain 'ol finicky owners who get angst from petty issues. Forum traffic always highlight the effects of the issue-laden; while the problem-free coaches never get a mention. Go figure! Same for any SOB of coach build.
62Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2016, 07:45 PM   #6

Tiffin makes a very nice product for the money. They're still a home owned family operation--unlike 80% of the retail RV market being in the hands of two mega-conglomerates.

The Tiffin family employs approximately 750 employees in their small town in Northwest Alabama. With their shops being with a day's drive of 1/2 the U.S. population, you can see why so many owners avoid dealers for Tiffin's superior service.

My cousin is on his second gas powered Tiffin Class A, and he really likes it.

Bob Tiffin's grandson and son are building mid line fifth wheel trailers in Burnsville, MS--separate from Tiffin Industries. And they too are getting good customer ratings.
Bamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:56 AM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
A lot of the floorplans don't have a pantry.

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We like our Tiffin Phaeton very much. Construction quality and fit and finish are very good. We have not had a need for factory service. We have a trip planned for next year that will pass us by Red Bay so plan to stop and tour, but don't have any service needs for there at this time.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 01:48 PM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
A lot of the floorplans don't have a pantry.
Ours has a pull out pantry under the mid TV and a shelved pantry next to tbe refrigerator. Great feature is the pull out drawer section that expands the already ample counter area. These features of course vary by floor plan.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:03 PM   #10

Plenty of things to read under the Tiffin Owners Forum here on iRV2.

Might want to start with this one.....

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f106/how-...en-303524.html

You don't mention if you are interested in a gasser or DP.

If gasser, I think you'll find that many think the Tiffin and Newmar gassers are in many ways the top level gassers in the market today, at least new/newer ones, but there is a price to pay for that too.

If DP, then you get into another level of comparisons, across DP lines with each manufacturer and of course between manufacturers. But even there, many come back to Tiffin and Newmar given the price points & (generally) reasonable solid quality.

As for any horror stories you see / read, wether it be Tiffin or anyone else, take them with a bit of skepticism. I think there are more "big problem owners" than there are truly "big problem coaches". No, the customer is not always right, but it sure seems Tiffin goes out of their way to try to appease even the most difficult owners, which gets taken advantage of by way too many.
Betr2Trvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 07:00 PM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
I've had 2 Tiffins, one gaser (Allegro 36la) and current diesel (2016 Phaeton 40qbh) . The fit and finish on both coaches is excellent. Both coatches have had a few minor problems that were supllier related and quickly repaired by my local dealer. We visited the Tiffin factory during the Phaeton build and we were very satisfied. Employees were proud of their work and we saw many inspections and corrections throughout the build.
curtsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 08:51 PM   #12
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
A year and a half and 10,000 miles so far on our Tiffin and we could not be happier. Yes, there have been a few minor equipment related issues taken care of by our local dealer. The fit, finish and overall build quality is head and shoulders above our friends other brand motor home. If we decide to upgrade or change, it will probably be another Tiffin.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 09:19 PM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
We have really enjoyed the quality of our 2006 Allegro Bay... but, we were at an RV park and we were 2 lots over from a newer Phaeton and when the AC kicked on you could hear it from all over the park. About a week later at another park we were outside and heard an AC come on very loudly and it was also a newer Phaeton.

Phaetons are a very nice MH and I am a Tiffin fan but those loud AC's would be a deal-breaker for me.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:27 AM   #14
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
Phaetons are a very nice MH and I am a Tiffin fan but those loud AC's would be a deal-breaker for me.
The AC has nothing to do with Tiffin. Those are the first models of the Coleman Mach 8 units and they are loud. They are being used on all brands of motor homes since the choices of AC units are limited. The updated units with the "D" version three blade fan are quieter. Our traveling friends have a Fleetwood with the early units and they are much louder than ours with the updated fans.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tiffin