Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-14-2022, 05:53 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddndee View Post
X2
There is no free lunch.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-14-2022, 06:22 AM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
https://www.redwoodmaterials.com/

This is one company doing something about old Lithium batteries.
The thing is, technology is not static.

Thankfully we live in a capitalistic society and when a need arises it is met.
The long tail of any energy source needs to be looked at in its entirety.

The above Mt Etna meme is silly

https://climatefeedback.org/claimrev...-volcanoes-do/

Don't get all your news from facebook
Old 01-14-2022, 10:49 AM   #17

If you really feel that you are not doing your part, you should park the Invicta so that neither you or anyone else can use it. That is the only way to stop it from polluting the atmosphere. Then stay in MI for the duration with the heat set at 50 degrees. Just wear warm clothes inside. You should also park that Ford Explorer SUV so it won't pollute any more either. Buy a more efficient compact car to reduce your carbon imprint. If you wanted to get out of the MI winters, shut your home up, drain all the plumbing and close it up. Then drive that economical car south in Oct to a place you can rent for a few months.

Sounds ridiculous doesn't it?? And it is. All your life, from your statement, you have left as small a footprint as you could. You have earned your passage to a comfortable retirement. You bought an RV two years ago and have enjoyed it. The difference between your current environmental foot print and the one I suggested above would be insignificant to the atmosphere, but would greatly impact your lifestyle and enjoyment. Set aside any guilt feelings you might have about your RV and enjoy it along with the rest of us. Safe Travels.
Old 01-14-2022, 11:07 AM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealNiceTent View Post
This means that every year earths orbit declines putting us closer to the sun, closer to a giant heat source called a red star, meaning there is nothing we can do to prevent Glowball Warming.

I assume this post was made in jest, but if it wasn't, I would suggest a Google search on this.
Old 01-14-2022, 04:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by unpilot View Post
I would love an honest comparison of living full time in a Class A RV vs a House.

Of course when you move an RV it uses fuel but the energy use when parked is minimal compared to a house.

I have 1000 w of solar and 1300 ah lipo battery's so when boon docking I use almost no fuel.

But let's say I stay at a full hook-up site. I am willing to bet I still use far less energy than an S&B house.

Found our motorhome cost xxx more to heat and cool compared to sticks and bricks. Energy goes out as fast as It comes in.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:08 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat Dude View Post
What a conundrum!
Yep. Human nature is to grab what we can for ourselves. Many never evolve or learn beyond that. Being imperfect, the best I can do is try to achieve some balance. On the plus side, small energy efficient home, small RV, no kids, support progress with my vote and $. Does this offset the harm of driving around the country for amusement? Probably not but I admit to being imperfect. Anyway, I know it wasn't your intention but you sure opened the door to the "don't need no science" chest thumpers.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:50 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizcom View Post
I assume this post was made in jest, but if it wasn't, I would suggest a Google search on this.

I thought the Post was a joke till I started reading the responses. But then again I think a lot of what I read is a joke.
Old 01-17-2022, 08:53 AM   #22

science is great as long as it's not influenced by politics or personal financial interests.
Old 01-17-2022, 09:08 AM   #23

I would really like to see some comparisons of modern gasoline vs SCR diesel. One person on this thread says SCR diesel produces 1/24th of the pollutants of a comparable gasoline engine while someone else said diesel pollutes more than the comparable gasoline although they didn't mention SCR. Which is it, and where is some documentation? From personal experience I can say that my 2 SCR diesels appear to be very clean with no detectable odor or smoke while my old school diesel is by comparison, pretty dirty.

I'd really like to see some un-biased scientific studies on this.
Old 01-17-2022, 10:47 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddndee View Post
Sorry, but you're not even close.

http://www.climate.gov/news-features...man-activities

I do think about what affect our barns on wheels are having on the planet. We Americans are a spoiled lot, and it seems with every generation we're getting more so. A good percentage of the world struggles just to have food and clean drinking water, while we drive around like kings in our mobile palaces.

It's amazing how the world has changed in just the last 200 years. 500 years ago most of the U.S. was uninhabited. That's less than the blink of an eye in geologic time. Life on earth has evolved over what, billions of years? We now have the ability to destroy it, either in minutes because of the ignorance or arrogance of a madman, or through the less immediate destruction of our ecosystems.

Yeah, our RVs are a drop in the bucket when you think of the millions of cars and trucks on our highways, but I tend to think the days are numbered on this wasteful lifestyle we're fortunate enough to lead.
Old 01-18-2022, 04:52 AM   #25

For those of you who worry about humans destroying the planet, the good news is that the theory of catastrophic anthropogenic global warming is crumbling as we speak. It turns out that none of its predictions are coming true. It's a hoax.

There is also a growing realization that carbon dioxide is good for the planet. The earth's vegetation has grown 25% since we have been putting CO2 back into the atmosphere from which it originally came. Photosynthesis depends on CO2 afterall.
Old 01-18-2022, 05:39 AM   #26

Yeah, our RVs are a drop in the bucket when you think of the millions of cars and trucks on our highways, but I tend to think the days are numbered on this wasteful lifestyle we're fortunate enough to lead.

wasteful??? naw
Old 01-18-2022, 05:49 AM   #27

If you feel guilty, park the rig, do not sell it as the next person will create the "problems" you are concerned about. That would be doing your part.
Tents are on sale at Dicks, along with bicycles to head to your favorite camping spot.
Oh wait, those are made in factories, nevermind, sleep under the stars.
Old 01-18-2022, 06:24 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by move on View Post
For those of you who worry about humans destroying the planet, the good news is that the theory of catastrophic anthropogenic global warming is crumbling as we speak. It turns out that none of its predictions are coming true. It's a hoax.

There is also a growing realization that carbon dioxide is good for the planet. The earth's vegetation has grown 25% since we have been putting CO2 back into the atmosphere from which it originally came. Photosynthesis depends on CO2 afterall.
You betcha!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-01-18 at 07-22-37 Dunce Cap - TV Tropes.png
Views:	18
Size:	231.1 KB
ID:	354108  
Closed Thread

Tags
class a