Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2021, 08:09 AM   #1
MLP

Tire Pressure Monitor's - coach & tow vehicle

I'll be putting 6K miles on my 43' and towing a vehicle this summer - I'd like to install a tire pressure monitor - minimal 4 tires (tow vehicle) but could expand to 12 tires total when including the coach.
Looking for opinions on good/bad systems
Money isn't the question
Performance/reliability is a must
THX
MLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2021, 08:27 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
The best TPMS are TST or Truck Systems Technologies. They stand behind the products and have great customer service. I had a cheaper system that was always having sensor issues.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:29 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
As far as Im concerned they're all garbage. I've had TST, Tireminder. and they work intermittently. They don't see sensors, alarm because it stopped seeing a sensor, I have the repeater and it does not help. Replaced all the batteries. Current system has 5 sensors now it will not see. JUNK as far as I'm concerned. I don't even pay attention to it any more.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:34 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
My experience is the opposite of Steve's. I have had a TST system for six years and it's never once lost contact with a sensor. A key is to have a repeater near the rear of the coach, which is included with the color monitor kit.

Why in the world would you not go ahead and put sensors on your coach at the same time? A low tire blowout on one of your coach tires could be a lot more expensive than the toad. TST has kits that include enough sensors to do all of your tires.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I have had TireTraker system for probably 10 years. Works good. Have discovered problems are significantly reduced or eliminated by keeping good batteries in the sensors. I change all ten batteries (six coach, four toad) at least annually.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 08:54 PM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
I have tireminder for the coach and toad. 10 sensors. Repeater is under the coach between the rear tires. Powered off the chassis batteries. It works good enough. Only time I’ve had sensor issues is when the batteries are low, or when going through a city with lots of traffic. I attribute the city issue with lots of cars and most all cars having wifi nowadays. So plenty of interference all around. If I ever replace I’ll probably go TST based on polling I’ve seen on forums. Spread my $$$ around.
les.warden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:46 PM   #7

I had a PressurePro system for several years, but had sensor issues with it. Replacing sensors was expensive, so I switched over to a TST 507. Have had good results with it. It came with the repeater I have mounted in the back of the motorhome. No issues with signals from all coach and toad tires.
Old 04-15-2021, 01:46 PM   #8

I have the EEZTire TPMS I purchased through Amazon. Came with repeater I mounted in the battery compartment in back. Works great. Just now getting to the point I need to replace all the batteries. A year and a half isn't bad!

Tags
monitor, tire, tire pressure, tow