Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2021, 03:50 PM   #1

Tires!!

Weíre looking all over for Toyo tires. No luck in our big size. We found some Hercules and some Milestar available. Has anybody used these?.
vantango is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2021, 03:53 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantango View Post
Weíre looking all over for Toyo tires. No luck in our big size. We found some Hercules and some Milestar available. Has anybody used these?.
Have you tried Les Schwab? The one in Rohnert Park found me 4 in my size when everyone else said none could be found. Also check out Falken at Les Schwab, if the have them in your size.
Old 09-08-2021, 03:55 PM   #3

Hercules 14 ply g rated tires those are the ones that we ended up with when our China bombs blow up on the road near Texarkana so far they've been great.
Hognuts1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:35 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Iím having trouble finding tires. Iím looking for Toyo 295 R80 22.5. Anybody used Hercules or Milestar ?
Try Bridgestones. I just put them on, they got them within days and they were just a few weeks old.
amosnandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2021, 06:50 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Did you look at your 1st post? There are 2 replies there.
Old 09-08-2021, 09:22 PM   #6

I have 7000 miles, and 13 months on a set of Hercules Strong Guard HRAs and I really like them. Much quieter and smoother than the Yokohamas they replaced.
astrnmrtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 02:37 PM   #7

We had Hercules (now discontinued H802? tires) on our coach until switching to Sumitomo ST719s early this year, and I can say the Sumitomos are a big improvement, at one point on our last trip I found myself doing more than 10+ mph over the speed limit on fairly smooth road without intending to just because they ride that much better.
Isaac-1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 03:06 PM   #8

Quote:
We’re looking all over for Toyo tires. No luck in our big size. We found some Hercules and some Milestar available. Has anybody used these?.
Not sure what size you need but Simple Tire has some of the larger Toyos in stock. That's what we went with and like them (not from Simple Tire however).
Old 09-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

You didn't mention the size you want, but surely there are brands other than Hercules & Milestar? Brands that are well-known and well-regarded. Bridgestone, Firestone, Yokohama, Hankook, Goodrich, General, Continental, etc. Not to mention the pricey Michelins & Goodyears.

I've seen satisfied owner reports on Hercules but never owned any myself.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Have you tried https://www.motorhometires.com/ they were able to supply Toyo M170 for my coach went no one else could?
Ozzsp250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:48 AM   #11

Check out Kumho KRS02. We put them on our bus conversion and they were not only quiet and comfortable, but very reasonably priced. In my opinion they were better than the timed-out Micheleins they replaced.
Currently: 2018 Midwest Automotive Designs Weekender MD2 (Sprinter 3500 ext 170 wheelbase) Previous rigs: 2014 Itasca Cambria Class C; 2000 MCI 4500e bus conv. American Coach; 2007 Fleetwood Rev. class A; 1990 Prevost XL bus conv. by Country Coach
LA-Hodag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:29 AM   #12

Quote:
I suggest looking for Goodyear RV models....in my recent experience...Michelins and Toyos are completely sold out with no date for resupply and Sumitomo tires are now difficult to get. I've seen some folks say Bridgestones work well on heavy coaches.

In our case we special ordered Michelin XZUS2's only to find out that tire was made for slow moving city buses and trash trucks...Couldnt find ANY shop that would install those on our coach due to the speed limitation (65mph) on the XZUS2s.

The dealer we were working with had some Goodyear RV G760s (all 8 in fact). We had those installed and are rolling again. Consequently, I noticed EVERY OTR truck I saw at TA when we gassed up this evening had at least Goodyear front steer tires minimum....

YMMV
Ch
2005 CC Magna #6503
a250gpguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 01:27 PM   #13

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'll buy almost anything but Goodyear or Michelin. I've got 2 Cross Winds made in Thailand that are better, lasting longer, more round, balanced real nice with small weights and hundreds each cheaper.
Old 09-29-2021, 01:06 PM   #14

My wife happened to call Jeremiah’s Tire while we were in Salt Lake City and he had 4 brand new Toyo tires. She drove out there and bought them and they are in the back of the truck as we head back to California.
vantango is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires