Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2015, 08:59 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBobby View Post
A couple of years ago, before I traded our class C for our class A, I went to get the rig to go camping and found out some thieves had unbolted and stole our generator. The first hint of something wrong were loose bolts and nuts on the ground. When I told the storage facility I was told they had several thefts of generators and propane containers. They felt bad and apologize for the loss. They gave me two months free storage, which was a nice gesture. When I called the local police dept. to file a report I was told to file a report online. Yea, right. After I filed my insurance claim I took the rig to Camping World for the replacement. After all was said and done Camping World waived my $250.00 deductible due to a slight delay in repairs. Funny thing is, in the 6 years we had the rig we probably used the old generator less than 10 times. And after the generator was replaced we never used it.😕
It's funny you mentioned bolts on the ground. That was the first thing I noticed before I realized my generator had been stolen.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-20-2015, 10:52 PM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
**Update**

Both Progressive (RV Insurance) and Farmers (Homeowners Insurance) have been very good. Farmers has handled their end of the claim and cut the check for my personal property. Short of submitting some receipts to make up the difference in depreciated value, I should be able to get most of my personal property replaced even with the deductible. There are a lot of sales going on due to the holidays.

Progressive has inspected the damage and equipment loss on my motorhome. They have authorized the repairs and cut the check to the repair facility. They have also cut me a check for some of my personal property.

Still waiting on some of the parts, but the repair facility has started to repair my motorhome.

Have definitely learned a lot from this experience. Hopefully, I will never have to do this again; however, If I do, I will be better prepared.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:52 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
I also have Progressive but have never had an occasion to use them. I keep my motorhome parked at my house, all gates to my property are locked and I have four large outside dogs that sleep close to the motorhome. The dogs probably wouldn't stop the thieves but they sure would raise the roof with their barking.
jimnkee is offline   Reply With Quote