Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2019, 07:25 AM   #15

We have water/elec on pad by house. Like some others we use a macerator and a 100 foot one inch diameter hose and pump to septic.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2019, 07:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevman View Post
Probably not legal. Unless he lives in Arkansas.
Or near the ocean. LOL

Before you make a decision, how good is your well (water supply)? You will want to flush out your tanks after dumping them.
Lynn
Old 05-21-2019, 07:59 AM   #17

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Wow, I really appreciate all of the insight on this!

I like the idea of burying a pipe. I dont know much about the septic environment and I've just been reading stories of tapping into the waste pipe at the wrong place and either killing the environment in the tank, or damaging it significantly. Everything I've seen says dumping into the cleanout is the safest bet to avoid any damage or killing any good bacteria in the septic system.

With regards to the multiple lines of connected waste hose... i agree... I was initially hesitant of the buggy because of the potential cleanliness issues.

Onto the macerator-- that is a solid option that I think currently sits on top of the most logical and ideal way to handle this. TBH, i could even make it semi-permanent and create a connection to the cleanout cap on the septic tank.

I really appreciate all of the insight on this, it is extremely helpful!!!
JPaTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:16 AM   #18

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
So what Macerators does everyone use? I'm perusing the internet and it seems there are a lot of flavors.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:18 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
We had a PVC line trenched into our septic system, and installed 50 amp service for the MH in an adjacent building. It is hard to beat the convenience of having everything to hook up right in your back yard.

x-2
sbleiweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:32 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mevman View Post
Probably not legal. Unless he lives in Arkansas.

Nope, MI with same set up in Texas, family back yard. Never checked into being legal but no different than a Amish out house or cattle pasture next door.
grindstone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:44 AM   #21

Forest River Owners Club
My concern with trenching in a permanent line would be to ensure there is enough drop from the RV end to the output end. I decided against it at our home base for that reason ... adding a lift pump would overcome that problem. I bought a macerator & 100' of 1" hose, then found 80' does the job. Mine is a "Flojet Model 18555-000 Portable Self-priming RV macerator waste pump". The waste outlet on the pump is 3/4" ... I got a 3/4 to 1" adapter locally. 3/4" would work for short distances, but for my 80' the 1" hose was recommended.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:54 AM   #22

National RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFChap View Post
My concern with trenching in a permanent line would be to ensure there is enough drop from the RV end to the output end. I decided against it at our home base for that reason ... adding a lift pump would overcome that problem. I bought a macerator & 100' of 1" hose, then found 80' does the job. Mine is a "Flojet Model 18555-000 Portable Self-priming RV macerator waste pump". The waste outlet on the pump is 3/4" ... I got a 3/4 to 1" adapter locally. 3/4" would work for short distances, but for my 80' the 1" hose was recommended.
Excellent, it seems this is a very viable option. Thanks!!
Old 05-21-2019, 03:37 PM   #23

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbleiweiss View Post
x-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrel View Post
We had a PVC line trenched into our septic system, and installed 50 amp service for the MH in an adjacent building. It is hard to beat the convenience of having everything to hook up right in your back yard.
^^^X3^^^^
Old 05-21-2019, 07:09 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaTV View Post
So what Macerators does everyone use? I'm perusing the internet and it seems there are a lot of flavors.
1.25 HP Badger waste disposal and a 1 HP pump to overcome the lift I needed. Then into 1.25 ID PVC to get it into the house system.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:44 AM   #25

A motorhome wasn't in the picture when I built this house. But as luck would have it the motorhome is parked 10' from the sewer clean-out. Better to be lucky than good.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:54 AM   #26

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use a DIY macerator pump to dump to a sewer clean out about 150' distant at home.

Also use it if mooch docking at friends and family, etc.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:00 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherlite View Post
when we built the house I installed a 3" pvc pipe 65' long with a clean out right at the garage ( not at the bus barn ) as it was to far . so when I need to drain the black tank I just move the coach over to the house garage and use the slinky to drain it .
just make sure to run the grey or run some water through after you dump the black to flush it all through. as for the grey I have a simple system like said above so I only need to move the coach when the black is near full .
for a/c I ran a 10/3 wire to the coach because of cost and distance and ended up with 30 amp x 2 on 120 v in a 40-50 amp stove plug ( same as a rv plug outlet 50 amp )
now I can do almost everything as long as I watch how much power I use

dave
You do know you need a separate Neutral and Ground Right!! You need to fix that.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:15 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPaTV View Post
We used a twist-on Thetford Sani-Con and a 100’ 3/4” hose. We pumped up hill 75’ to the septic clean out nearest the septic system.

Works fine.

Tags
install, power