Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #1

I know this might be a crazy question, but does anyone have a treadmill in their motorhome? My wife and I are just about retired and are planning on going full time then. We are both very exersize concious, my wife on a treadmill and myself on bicycles. I was wondering if their might be a treadmill that would be adaptable to a MH. We can do lots of outside walking when the weather is good, but for times of rain, cold or snow a treadmill would be great. Appreciate any responses. Thanks,
John
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #2

I know this might be a crazy question, but does anyone have a treadmill in their motorhome? My wife and I are just about retired and are planning on going full time then. We are both very exersize concious, my wife on a treadmill and myself on bicycles. I was wondering if their might be a treadmill that would be adaptable to a MH. We can do lots of outside walking when the weather is good, but for times of rain, cold or snow a treadmill would be great. Appreciate any responses. Thanks,
John
Old 07-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John and Ginny:
My wife and I are just about retired and are planning on going full time then. We are both very exercise conscious, my wife on a treadmill and myself on bicycles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If you're retired just take your time as you travel, what else do you have to do? Lots of rest areas are large enough so that you can walk or run at will. The floorspace in a full time rig is going to be precious even if they do have fold up treadmills.

I'd go with the water ski tow rope out the back of the motorhome.

Congratulations on the rest of your new life.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:41 PM   #4

There have been times when I've seriously considered adding one to my RV. I don't like the smaller folding units but space is a premium. The only challage I would have is lifting it through the doorway. Even the smaller ones can be quite heavy.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 01:14 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
I wonder if you could get someone to connect it to the rear axle so that when the wife is on it you could steer!
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 02:00 AM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by John and Ginny:
John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John,

I don't have any experience on this but I did find a small portable manual unit that might work for you it may be available through Walmart also:

http://www.wards.com/wards/prod_disp...er=16&clktru=1

Also check out these reviews of compact treadmills on some powered units:

http://www.treadmillreview.net/Artic...Treadmill.html

This one also caught my eye:

http://www.pcefitness.com/press_05.asp

Regards,
Old 07-30-2006, 03:28 AM   #7

John,we have been fulltiming for 6+ years and we are walking everyday. When we are on the road we stop at every rest area and walk. When in a campground we walk around the grounds,go to a city park and if the weather is raining or to cool we go to a mall,WalMart or large grocery store for the walking. If you really want to walk there is always a place to do it.

Joe

An Indian and a Gypsy
full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 07:57 AM   #8

Location: Living my imperfect todays rather than waiting for my perfect tomorrow...
I know this might be a crazy question, but does anyone have a treadmill in their motorhome? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://www.wards.com/wards/prod_disp...er=16&clktru=1
I also found this one at Walgreen's and noticed that while lightweight (58#) its capacity is only 225#. Not sure how bug a guy you are...

This one also caught my eye:
http://www.pcefitness.com/press_05.asp
Found this one at Amazon and the capacity is 300# but the shipping weight is 200#.

Anyway, just wanted to save you a little research (this topic interested me, too, that's why I searched into them a bit more).

Regards,[/QUOTE]
Froggi Donna is offline   Reply With Quote