Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-02-2023, 06:49 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotellounge View Post
Mighty_J,
Thank you. On my battery they had put double sided tape on the letters and when I removed it the letters were no longer readable. This definitely helps!

Everyone,
Thanks for the input. I had already talked to TST and my unit was of course out of warranty for the last 3 months. They were also not able to provide the battery information. I can’t say I understand how that is possible but it is what it is…

Thanks again!

That's disappointing that TST doesn't have a battery replacement and can't tell you the information.

I did a search for a battery using the info on the picture that was posted, could not find any available, one was listed on Alibaba but out of stock. Not good.

There was a post a couple years ago, someone looking for the battery on an ONAN ECW30 remote start unit which is obsolete. He needed information on the voltage charge etc which I provided and he found a company to make a battery. https://www.batteryspace.com/
Once he got the battery he tested and it worked and gave me the information and I went ahead an ordered one.

You may contact the company and see if they can help.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2023, 09:26 AM   #16

Too bad TST has washed it's hands of supporting you. They used to be very customer centric when they were starting out. I was impressed by their customer service 10 years ago. Last time I called ( a couple years ago) they seemed indifferent. I checked and see that they were bought out so I guess the new corporate owner is not interested in customer support after the sale.
PanJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 10:10 AM   #17

American Coach Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
PanJH...I have to disagree with your take on TST's customer service. I've had their system on my coach for 10 years now...& if & when I ever needed help (which has been a couple times at best) it was Always answered FAST & or parts replaced wherever I was in the country FAST!! They NEVER wanted ME to traveling with one of my tires not protected...Now That's Great customer service! I've even got Follow-up calls to make such all was well from TST's Peggy Grich. I PM'd Hotellounge on Feb. 27th with his issue to get ahold of Peggy & passed her email to him...I never got a response from him.
groveln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 04:18 PM   #18
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Off the topic a little, but I made a board for servicing my monitors. I replace the batteries once a year and install new O-rings. I had the plexiglass sheet and ordered 24 rubber valve stems for $10.00. Now, I have a place to hold the 8 monitors (tag axle) while I service them on my workbench. The bottle in the center holds the O-ring kits and I marked the battery number at the top. I also have a smaller panel for my toad. I take the monitors off when it gets serviced, so they don't put them back on in the wrong position.

In regard to service, I still find them very accessible. I even called once on a Sunday, and someone was in the office and answered.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230309_135923.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	432.3 KB
ID:	387917

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230309_135928.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	731.9 KB
ID:	387918
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 04:22 PM   #19

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Off the topic a little, but I made a board for servicing my monitors. I replace the batteries once a year and install new O-rings. I had the plexiglass sheet and ordered 24 rubber valve stems for $10.00. Now, I have a place to hold the 8 monitors (tag axle) while I service them on my workbench. The bottle in the center holds the O-ring kits and I marked the battery number at the top. I also have a smaller panel for my toad. I take the monitors off when it gets serviced, so they don't put them back on in the wrong position.

In regard to service, I still find them very accessible. I even called once on a Sunday, and someone was in the office and answered.
Neat idea.
BobGed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 05:38 PM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

Attachment 387917

Attachment 387918
I don't want to hijack this thread but I have to ask, How did you get the valve stems thru the holes that you drilled? Also what size hole did you drill?

I see this as a very good item to make.
spierce617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2023, 06:22 PM   #21

Quote:

Attachment 387917

Attachment 387918

Cool idea, I found a little tackle box that fits my stuff pretty well.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2325.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	282.9 KB
ID:	387922
Old 03-10-2023, 07:56 PM   #22
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by spierce617 View Post
I don't want to hijack this thread but I have to ask, How did you get the valve stems thru the holes that you drilled? Also what size hole did you drill?

I see this as a very good item to make.
They're the smaller wheelbarrow size valve stems and were easy to just pull through the plexiglass. I used a step drill to make the holes so I can't tell you an exact size.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, monitor