Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2022, 09:33 AM   #1

TST 507(new) sensor releases air

Has anyone had this issue. Tire is fully inflated and I put on flow thru sensor. The next day the tire has lost air and down to like 45. This has happened twice. Have rechecked tire with guage and it reads same as TST does. Tire is rear inside tire. Have never had any issues with this tire before on other system I was using. I have changed to TST system and this is the first I have installed. No other problems with sensors.
jcmptn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2022, 10:48 AM   #2

Have you checked the O ring? Maybe compare the sensor to another one.
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 11:54 AM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Check the o-ring in the sensor, they can get wedged in there. TST makes a replacement set for the servicing the sensors. Another issue, some metal extensions on the inside duals don't play well with TST sensors. TST has a particular brand they recommend; you need to call them.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 12:05 PM   #4

Had the same thing happen with 2 different sets of TST’s. I returned them
all and decided I didnt need them. The first time it happened I came out the next morning and my brand new front tires were dead flat. Pissed wasn’t even close to the rage I felt. Second attempt flattened my drivers rear outside. I called it quits after that. I know there’s a few reasons why this could happen, but I don’t care about the reasons. I expect them to work without effort. If my coach/car/truck isn’t factory equipped with them then that’s the way they will stay.
Hpozzuoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2022, 12:23 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpozzuoli View Post
Had the same thing happen with 2 different sets of TST’s. I returned them
all and decided I didnt need them. The first time it happened I came out the next morning and my brand new front tires were dead flat. Pissed wasn’t even close to the rage I felt. Second attempt flattened my drivers rear outside. I called it quits after that. I know there’s a few reasons why this could happen, but I don’t care about the reasons. I expect them to work without effort. If my coach/car/truck isn’t factory equipped with them then that’s the way they will stay.

Were those also flow-thru?

JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 10:15 PM   #6

I had great luck with my TST's and never lost air with the caps the 5 years or so I used it. The screen ended up quitting on me a while ago. I just purchased an RVi system and am selling or offering for trade for ?? my 6 pressure senders:

https://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/s...?product=19978
GunninGopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 04:51 AM   #7

Give them the spit test on end of sensor.
Old 04-12-2022, 08:44 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
Check the o-ring in the sensor, they can get wedged in there. TST makes a replacement set for the servicing the sensors. Another issue, some metal extensions on the inside duals don't play well with TST sensors. TST has a particular brand they recommend; you need to call them.
Don glad to read your post, I have 1 tire that is giving me fits on air leaking. I have tried several extensions and still get some leak. I will check with TST to see what extensions they recommend.
Old 04-12-2022, 12:31 PM   #9

Just replaced a nice looking rim - discovered it was leaking at least 1 PSI per day...the leak was right thru the metal rim (aluminum), not the 507 cap.

Once the tire was re-mounted on a new rim, found the 507 "o-ring" was then leaking. After straightening it out, the o-ring seal is now holding pressure.
Old 04-17-2022, 02:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch Star Don View Post
I instead tried to tighten the sensor more, I just twisted the sensor apart = $$.

I only use an extension to add air, then remove and replace in toolbox.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 01:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmptn1 View Post
Has anyone had this issue. Tire is fully inflated and I put on flow thru sensor. The next day the tire has lost air and down to like 45. This has happened twice. Have rechecked tire with guage and it reads same as TST does. Tire is rear inside tire. Have never had any issues with this tire before on other system I was using. I have changed to TST system and this is the first I have installed. No other problems with sensors.

How did you verify that it is for sure the sensor and not a valve stem or something in tire?

Tags
air