Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #1

TST or Pressure Pro

After considerable reading on TPMS and the many choices, I've narrowed my list down to either TST or Pressure Pro for our Class C. Would it be a fair conclusion that they are more or less about equal in performance and quality? I'm looking forward to feedback from TST or Pressure Pro owners. Many thanks in advance.
Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2016, 04:54 PM   #2
Community Administrator

I had TST and can attest to their great customer service. A search here at irv2 will confirm this from a lot of our members.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 05:01 PM   #3

I bought Pressure Pro back in '03 and am still with them. My first set of wheel sensors were replaced at 6 years of ago just before a cross country trip. I replaced the display unit last year with the new Pulse unit. I will most likely replace my sensors again within the next year. I almost never have to adjust my tire air pressure.

That being said, I have no reason to believe that TST is not just as good. The main thing is, don't run without a TPMS.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 12:38 PM   #4

I selected the PressurePro a number of years ago and kept the same batteries / sensors for six years when one of the batteries finally went out.

I then replaced all the batteries / sensors and they are still going strong today.

I'm still using the original computer readout unit.

This device has saved me five or six times through the years, letting me know when tires were going down before they left me on the side of the road or with a blow out. In most cases I had a nail in the tires.

In one case the PressurePro alarmed while going down Interstate 10 in Texas, and by the time I pulled over and got out to inspect the tire, it was just releasing the last few pounds of air and was about down to the rim. In that case I found the problem to be a belt separation event that caused an air leak similar to a nail, only with a much faster leak rate.

I've certainly got my money's worth out of this little device.
Airstreamer6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:28 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
I have the Pressure pro'sBut if I were just starting out again I would get the TST so I could change my own Batteries. Each time a battery on mine now needs replacing I have to get a new unit for 40.00. But it is a new or rebuilt unit. So it's like getting a new system after changing all the units. 6 to 1 half a dozen to the other. Your money your choice.But do get one. nothing better then while the rig is warming up to push the button and cycle through all your tire pressures before starting out each day.
John Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:59 PM   #6
IC2

So far the TST system has done everything I've wanted. One sensor had a out of warranty problem - sent it back, got a call telling me that an O-ring had failed and they were sending it back to me repaired along with a full spare set of O-rings and at no cost. I replace the batteries once a year with new Energizers which were bought via eBay for about a buck each.Which reminds me ....
IC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:39 PM   #7

National RV Owners Club
I've had both and not much difference in my opinion. Both easy to read.
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #8
Community Administrator

Tiffin Owners Club
I've had great luck with the TST for about two years now. I did have to add a booster at the rear of the motor home due to the inside duals not picking up. They now work fine.
Lt Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 04:11 AM   #9

Location: Not Sure, but I think I should have turned left at Albuquerque
What is the difference between TST 507 and the 510.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
FlaRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 08:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaRider View Post
What is the difference between TST 507 and the 510.
Hope this helps ...

Traxless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 11:58 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
True stories time.. Now these are Pressure pro but they would work the same with TST.

Mine: Got system, installed, went on a trip, about 2/3 the way there the alarm went off,, Left front tire on towed... Sure enough it was low.. Plugged Air compressor into patio outlet, fired up generator, hose reached, aired up tire finished trip airing up tire every day, got home airing up tire enroute,, Went to tire store next moring after airing up tire again, They found I'd been SCREWED, removed said SCREW and put in a proper patch (inside the tire) total cost after Road Hazard Warranty: $0.00 (Not counting a few miles of driving and generator fuel).

Other: Got system but was too busy to install, Tossed in basement storage to install when home (Was at a campground) got about 15 mintues out and people are honking and pointing toward the left front of the towed.

Sure enough it had lost air, Shredded and not only had it ruined the rim, and the brake rotor, but over $2,000 in secondary damage to the fender.

Now, tell me, how much did my Pressure Pro system cost... Humm, about 600 - 2,000 in damage that did not happen = saved 1400.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:24 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Traxless
Tst here. Great customer Svc.
Replacement sending unit $20. If they
don't last 5 years they are free!
I won't leave the barn without all of them working!
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L 5sp allison SW Wa,. Good Sam, SKP. RVM 198 AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. Michelins, TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '21MB GLA FWD on dolly
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 07:29 AM   #13

We've had the TST 507 system for about 6 years. I like the fact that I can change the batteries myself rather than have to send the sensors in for replacement. Batteries for the 507 sensors cost between $2.00 and $4.00 each depending on where you buy them. At the time we were looking the exchange sensors cost about $50.00. The exchange sensor batteries are supposed to last about 6 years. Those in the 507 system last about 2 years.

We have tire pressure sensors on our motorhome and 2 cars. Our experience has been that TPS units (no matter what the brand) give "approximate readings" rather than exact readings. All the sensors will be within 2 psi to 3 psi of each other. However they don't all read exactly the same pressures even though they are initially set at the same exact pressure and tested with a certified gauge.
Old 12-24-2016, 07:48 AM   #14

Agree--most monitors report approx. pressure. Really didn't like this at first, given the cost of the system, but decided I was more interested in pressure and temp changes rather than knowing exactly what each was. Have had the TST system for 3-4 years--great customer service, good system performance. Bought the caps for the toad and flow-thurs for the coach. Do it over, I would get caps all around--the flow thrus are slow to fill.
PS--don't throw your old hand-held checker away--still need to check and set tire pressures from time to time.
New Braunfels, Texas
Old Scout is offline   Reply With Quote