Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2017, 06:18 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Question Upgrading our Fleetwood

New to the forum and returning to RVIng life as my wife and I just bought a 2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V and am considering doing some upgrades such as remove stove top and oven and install new cooktop with dishwasher below. Also replacing the shades with double roller style. Upgrading of the lighting to LED and some minor ones as well. This is a very clean coach with some awesome upgrades and only 30,000 miles and a 330hp cat engine. We will be using it fulltime as we depart in September 2018 to travel across our great land. Any advise or concerns anyone has about these upgrades or something I should look closer at is very much appreciated.
dcfleetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2017, 07:09 PM   #2

Be patient! Some new vocabulary will come to you! I had a 2005 FW Expedition 38n which was a great coach. DW and I replaced the carpet with laminate, changed out all the windows, [Fleetwood was a great help, if you have condensation I would get with them to see if the windows are still available], MCD duo rollers were a great upgrade. Always remember, they put it together so it must come apart. Watch the radiator and associated parts for corrosion. Happy Trails
jrupinsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Congrats on the new rig! Keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 05:49 PM   #4

We took out the oven and range in our Discovery, and replaced them with a dishwasher and an induction cooktop. Since we had a convection/microwave, we didn't need the propane oven. And, my wife hated the gas range, and used portable induction burners before the renovation.

And, since you have a Discovery, you should consider joining the Discovery Owners of America club. The email list alone is worth the dues fee.
Old 07-21-2017, 08:01 PM   #5

As a Discovery owner, I don't know what we would do without the Discovery Owners Club. Well worth the small annual dues. Enjoy working on your "D"!
Fulltime and loving it!
lsw9658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:59 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcfleetwood View Post
New to the forum and returning to RVIng life as my wife and I just bought a 2007 Fleetwood Discovery 39V and am considering doing some upgrades such as remove stove top and oven and install new cooktop with dishwasher below. Also replacing the shades with double roller style. Upgrading of the lighting to LED and some minor ones as well. This is a very clean coach with some awesome upgrades and only 30,000 miles and a 330hp cat engine. We will be using it fulltime as we depart in September 2018 to travel across our great land. Any advise or concerns anyone has about these upgrades or something I should look closer at is very much appreciated.
Best advice is to get it out and use it before you head out next year. Take time and visit the Cascades and Olympic NP - as you are in that part of the country.

It tends to be just a little far for most of us to visit so you can head out - get some Great Images and then share them with the rest of us - issue is, then "The rest of Us" will come your way - just a special part of the country.

Will you Snow Bird or just go Coast to Coast? - have you traveled to any of the NP's before? What will you enjoy? Hiking? Fishing? Photography? just Exploring?

Sounds like the beginning of a great Adventure.

Best of luck,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fleetwood