Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-02-2022, 01:28 PM   #1

National RV Owners Club
VacuFlush Pump Removal Fleetwood Bounder

Hello all,

Hoping for any help or advice from anyone that's in the know. We have a 2008 Fleetwood Bounder 38p. It has a vacuflush toilet that has stopped working. There is no noise from the pump and standing water in the toilet will not drain out when pushing down on the flush pedal. Tried plunging with no victory, in case something was stuck in a duckbill valve. After pump is turned on, the light on the vacuflush panel glows green as if it's ready for action. Maybe the reason the pump isn't making any noise. Luckily the black tank is empty and the standing water in the toilet is only soapy water from cleaning.

I've located the pump and the rest of it's assembly behind an access panel under the slide on the drivers side. It's all right there, easy enough to see with a flashlight and some parts are fairly easy to reach. The hose clamps are further up in the area where the pump is at and could be reached with one hand/arm to undo the clamp. Re-attaching the hose after removal would be a two hand job and I just don't see how anyone could get two hands up in there to do it.

Anyone care to chime in with your thoughts or suggestions. My shrink ray gun is on the fritz too, so I can't shrink myself to get up inside and be able to reach everything.

Thanks in advance for any helpful words.
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2022, 02:38 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
When I had that problem the inlet to the pump was plugged and it needed to be disassembled to fix the problem.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 03:12 PM   #3
RRR

Ford Super Duty Owner
For me the hardest part of the rebuild was remove/install the hoses. I used the wife's hair dryer to soften them and the went off/on with minimal problems.
Old 05-02-2022, 03:20 PM   #4

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR View Post
For me the hardest part of the rebuild was remove/install the hoses. I used the wife's hair dryer to soften them and the went off/on with minimal problems.
That's a good idea. I did the same thing recently to get a repair piece to slide inside of a garden hose. Hadn't thought of the same for this situation till your suggestion. Thanks!
Wolfpack Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2022, 03:41 PM   #5

Foretravel Owners Club
Sounds like Your plumbing/hose from the toilet to the vacuum tank or the tank it's self is plugged..
I had the same symptoms with our Magnum-Opus ..

Found that "someone" flushed a sanitary pad down and it plugged just inside the plumbing from the toilet. [2" inch pvc pipe]
Disconnected the toilet from floor and plumbing,

Relieved the vacuum from the pipe to the toilet [ at the vacuum tank end]

An hour working a long needle nose pliers to pull the debris back out to clear the plug, then put everything back together....

IF You can get the service kit with the duck bills and the bellows.. Now would be the time to give it the "Full Meal Deal" service..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180420_112538.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	317.8 KB
ID:	364358  
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:02 AM   #6

Help with acces

I have an 08 35H. I can see the pump from the second to the last trunk on the passenger side and have removed the access panel in the pass through trunk. My problem is I an 72 and 200lbs. I cannot fit in either location and need to replace the vacuum switch (which I am told is on "global backorder) which I can see but not reach. Has anyone any ideas or way to better access the vacuum generator (Dometic VG3)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20220624_162759.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	187.9 KB
ID:	369260  
Msmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:03 AM   #7

Help with Access

I have an 08 Bounder 35H. I can see the pump from the second to the last trunk on the passenger side and have removed the access panel in the pass through trunk. My problem is I an 72 and 200lbs. I cannot fit in either location and need to replace the vacuum switch (which I am told is on "global backorder) which I can see but not reach. Has anyone any ideas or way to better access the vacuum generator (Dometic VG3)? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Msmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 02:37 AM   #8

Watch this video for repair on a Bounder. Shows removal and repair.

https://youtu.be/vANMHEej3hQ
SavnTheWales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 08:17 AM   #9

Foretravel Owners Club
For parts.. Hit up these guys
https://marinesan.com/
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bounder, fleetwood, pump, removal