Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have read good things about Warranty Direct extended warr...(excuse me), service contracts.

Their website touts the "Platinum Plus" warr...,oops, contract. Obligator is Nationwide Insurance and the re-insurer is American Re, both good names.

OK, so I bought the policy and when they mailed it to me it was different. The names mentioned were "RV Resources", "Prizm Admin Solutions" and "Lyndon Property Ins. Co."

The policy was 6-8 pages and seemed to me to be more restrictive and eliminated the "wear and tear" provision. I talked to Warranty Direct and was told "...this is a new policy and a better one...yadda, yadda"

I sent it back and just received the policy that was advertised on their website. It is 3 pages and seems to be what was advertised.

Not saying Warranty Direct tried to scam me and it would take a Philadelphia lawyer to read the two policies side by side and decipher them, but if you are contemplating a policy/contract from Warranty Direct, it would be my suggestion you ask specifically for the "Platinum Plus", backed by Nationwide and American Re.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have read good things about Warranty Direct extended warr...(excuse me), service contracts.

Their website touts the "Platinum Plus" warr...,oops, contract. Obligator is Nationwide Insurance and the re-insurer is American Re, both good names.

OK, so I bought the policy and when they mailed it to me it was different. The names mentioned were "RV Resources", "Prizm Admin Solutions" and "Lyndon Property Ins. Co."

The policy was 6-8 pages and seemed to me to be more restrictive and eliminated the "wear and tear" provision. I talked to Warranty Direct and was told "...this is a new policy and a better one...yadda, yadda"

I sent it back and just received the policy that was advertised on their website. It is 3 pages and seems to be what was advertised.

Not saying Warranty Direct tried to scam me and it would take a Philadelphia lawyer to read the two policies side by side and decipher them, but if you are contemplating a policy/contract from Warranty Direct, it would be my suggestion you ask specifically for the "Platinum Plus", backed by Nationwide and American Re.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Good catch - many people would have just stuffed the policy in a drawer and missed the change.

Warranty Direct is a broker (agency), not an insurer, so they have several different policies they might offer to clients. Perhaps somebody merely screwed up and assigned you to the wrong one or maybe even just sent the wrong paperwork. I HOPE it wasn't intentional because WD has had a good track record in the past and I would hate to have to strike their name from the list of "RV good guys". The list is short enough as it is!
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 08:31 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
I called Warranty Direct on Jan 31 to buy a contract for my new MH and they told me they no longer wrote policies on MH's and I should write them a letter and they would refund the remaining 14 months on my old MH. Think I'll call them again.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:23 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

I checked and got the same answer. Guess they can be scratched from the list, at least for motorhomes.
May I suggest www.rvprotection.net and www.warrantyexperts.com as alternatives?

[I have no financial interest in any of these.]
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #6

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Well, I must have suffered a micro-stroke right before I made my Feb 11 post.

I had been dealing with Warranty EXPERTS all along. Everything I related concerned them.

I don't know how I transposed them into Warranty DIRECT, except I was careless, drunk or had a micro-stroke. Or all three.

Anyway they DID send me a contract different than the one I expected. I was told it was "newer policy....and better policy".

They did send me the policy I was expecting after I sent the other back, with no hassle.

The policy I now have is "Warranty Care Service Contract - Platinum Plus - RV Service Contract" and mentions Nationwide Insurance Co., and AmericanRe.

Sorry for the confusion but if Warranty DIRECT no longer sells Motorhome policies, then a bit of good came out of my boo-boo.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:12 PM   #7

I got a policy from WarrantyExperts.com. They only sent me a poor photo copy of the policy. After getting a better readable copy I found in the section on Limit of Liability that they would pay up to the NADA retail value of the motorhome OR ten thousand dollars which ever is less. This means you are only covered for $10,000 in claims over the 4 year life of the policy. I checked with the insurance company and they never got any paperwork on the transaction and it was 44 days after I paid for it. It has a 60 day full refund clause and I am now trying to get a refund on this policy. I would not trust them as you can't get the same person after a couple of weeks. I will let you know how I make out. I am disputing the charge on my credit card until I get my refund.