Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by D M View Post
Nice job Dan I wash mine the same way but I use the Spotless System just hook it up inline with your pressure washer and you don't have to dry it just rinse the soap off and you are done. Water on windows no problem just let them dry and no water spots. This can cut your washing time down to almost 1/2 it works for me.Spotless System is a vendor with irv2
Don,

Thanks. That system looks very interesting.

That said, I'm trying to figure out how much improvement that will be over our current water. We are fortunate that the water source for our area is one of cleanest in the country. I haven't noticed water spots on my car or RV, but maybe I haven't paid much attention since I always dry with a leaf blower. The next time I wet-wash, I'll leave the water on the car or RV and check for water spots.

Thanks,

Dan.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2014, 09:46 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Dan, thanks for the video - great stuff!

At the Forest River International Rally in Goshen this August we went to a demo of a new method of RV cleaning. It was a pricy solution (@ $200) but really looked good (it was waterless so you could even do this while you were camped!)

I sidebared with one of the guys and when he found out our 5er wasn't 100 yards from the demo, he grabbed some stuff to give me a hands on my unit demo. After seeing how EASY it was, I was sold! Here is a link to the complete starter kit on Amazon: Amazon.com: RV Aircraft Waterless Wash Wax Mop Kit: Automotive

This video shows them washing a Aircraft versus a RV but what I like is the fact that the A/C it filthy and how easy the gunk comes off with this cleaning system
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...74649129,d.eXY

I have found that, after application, the gel surface of our 5er feels very slick. I have also noted that bugs do not seem to stick to the surface as readily as before we started using this product. Finally, the etension handle that comes with the kit is one of the best engineered handels I have used!
Bob,

That is the exact waterless system I'm using! I got it about six weeks ago and only had one chance to try it out, but the results are great. They only difference from yours is that I got the one with the Bug Buster: Amazon.com: RV Waterless Wash Wax Mop Kit with Bug Buster: Automotive and that I bought it directly from WashWax.com.

I've been using waterless washes for several years and am a big fan of those. Generally speaking, my only concern about any waterless wash system is scratching the paint if it's really dirty. So I typically wet-wash my car if it's really dirty, but use waterless wash the rest of the time. Since my RV was fairly dirty, I chose to water-wash it this time.

The complete Wash Wax All kit (with extra mop heads) now sits in a storage bay of my coach. One concern that I have is the spray bottles that come with the kit. My car detailing preference for the past several years is large commercial spray bottles. Since the coach is large and tall, finding the best ones for it is my next challenge. (Yes, I'm that picky! ) Any recommendations?

Best regards,

Dan.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #17

Love it 2

I also use the waterless washwaxall products.

Allows me to get the grime off the motorhome in restricted campgrounds.

JohnnyB
Old 09-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am sold on the waterless systems. I started years ago with Dri Wash then switched to No Wet. Both of them work well.

Last year I got the Wash Wax All system and am very pleased with it. Yes, nothing beats a real water/soap wash when the coach is really dirty but I am satisfied that the Wash Wax All works very well in most cases. Do you get scratches in the paint??? All I can say is my coach is 7 years old and most folks who see it say they think it is new. If I shined a light on it at a certain angle could I find some fine scratches.... probably. I suggest no one can keep, use and clean one of these beasts and never find some fine scratches.

When the coach is beyond dusty and I decide to use the Wash Wax All, I follow their instructions to wet the mop first (wring it out well) with water. I then spray the solution on the wet mop head and also spritz some on the coach. That has worked for me.

I wash the roof at least 3 times per year myself with Turtle Wax Zip Wash. It does a good job. If I am in Myrtle Beach (like now), I have a mobile wash guy wash the entire coach including the roof. Once per season I have the same guy wash and polish the coach. He does a great job. Watching his young guys do that while I drink a cold beer beats doing it myself .
Old 09-10-2014, 03:13 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by smlranger View Post
<snip>
I follow their instructions to wet the mop first (wring it out well) with water.
<snip>
smlranger,

Whoa! I missed that little tidbit. I spray the WWA solution on the mop and RV, haven't been wetting the mop first. I'll give that a try.

Thanks,

Dan.

p.s. Cold beverage in hand watching young guys work sounds like a winner too!
Old 09-13-2014, 06:29 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by D M View Post
Nice job Dan I wash mine the same way but I use the Spotless System just hook it up inline with your pressure washer and you don't have to dry it just rinse the soap off and you are done. Water on windows no problem just let them dry and no water spots. This can cut your washing time down to almost 1/2 it works for me.Spotless System is a vendor with irv2

More info please
middleman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Amazon.com: DI-120 Cr Spotless Water System: Automotive

This is what I purchased, works great and no spots. They do have a 2 canister system that last longer but cost more. Here in Las Vegas we have horrible water but this takes care of it.

I ordered the waterless system and look forward to its arrival and learning how to use it. I hate having to spend long periods of time with a dirty coach since once we leave on a trip almost no where can we wash the coach but with the waterless system, I am thinking we can keep it looking good even when on the road.
Bob

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote