Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2020, 04:12 PM   #43

Hi.... OP here,

Ok so since this morning Ive been busy and finished two projects, the water bay we are talking about here, and a 50 ft. electric extension cord reel in another bay,... an idea "Dutch Star Don" posted in another thread.

So here it is....This is my completed setup for the water hook-up's, it's all blue teflon taped, and tightened ready for use.

I decided to keep the water filter in the wet bay, but moved my adjustable pressure regulator to connect directly to the spigot. I decided to keep the filter in the bay because it is so big, heavy and awkward.... its just going to be easier. I still had to use multiple 45's, 90's, and shut off valves, to get all the bends right and also to get it to fit in the bay.

I have several on / off valves to keep the water in the filter, and also to keep the clean water (blue hose) separate from the black tank flush (black hose).

I also purchased a new water pressure gauge (4th pic) with needle that shows the peak pressure (4th pic)... as some of you posted earlier that the pressure can fluctuate. Now I will be able to see what it maxes out at. It is also on a quick connect so that it will be on the wye most of the time... when its time, two seconds and I can pop it off and switch over, and hook up the black hose to flush the black tank.

For those of you that are worried about the germs.... I'll spray everything with Windex.... problem solved. You'll also note in the first picture, that the fresh water coach connection, and the black flush coach connection are less than the 6 inches apart there like some said I need.... so I was probably screwed anyways if I had done nothing.

To those of you that asked here is the link to amazon for the quick connects I picked.... but first a disclaimer.... this is the first time I have purchased these and have no idea if they are great or junk yet.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and here is the pressure gauge in picture 4

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Some will love it... some will hate it... but I will see how it works, and if I need to change it.... I will!

Thanks to all that have posted I appreciated all the good and bad feedback!

Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9552.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	249.7 KB
ID:	275415   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9553.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	191.6 KB
ID:	275416  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9556.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	371.5 KB
ID:	275417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9558.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	376.7 KB
ID:	275418  

AZ RV'r is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2020, 11:16 AM   #44

Does anyone have a link to the electric cord reel project by Dutch Star Dan?

Unplanned: In your picture, I am curious about your sewer hose. I am not familiar with the connector you have on the end. If it is going to a macerator pump or what you have for a setup.

I have been thinking how to improve my wet bay and have gotten great ideas. Thanks to all.
Old 02-18-2020, 12:21 PM   #45

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Location: Kamloops, BC, 60 miles from the Center of the Universe according to the Rinpoche, of the SF monks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straatc View Post

Unplanned: In your picture, I am curious about your sewer hose. I am not familiar with the connector you have on the end. If it is going to a macerator pump or what you have for a setup.

I have been thinking how to improve my wet bay and have gotten great ideas. Thanks to all.
That's just a valve that closes off the stinky slinky after it's been flushed. It sits in it's own little spot when stored. Just another one of Winnebago's great little features.

It's called a "QuickConnect" and it is nice because there are no nasty splashes happening while putting the stinky slinky back into the wet bay.

Or when hooking up to dump it's pretty quick and easy.

Here's a little Youtube video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Happy Glamping.
Happy Glamping, Norman & Elna. 2008 Winnebago Adventurer 38J, W24, dozens of small thirsty ponies. Retired after 40 years wrenching on trucks! 2010 Ford Ranger toad with bicycles or KLR 650 in the back. Easy to spot an RVer, they always walk around with a screwdriver or wrench in one hand!
Unplanned Tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2020, 12:47 PM   #46

Here is the link to the "power cord reel" thread started by Dutch Star Dan.... I also posted my pictures on there yesterday after I finished.

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f103/mod...el-476961.html

Good Luck!
Old 02-19-2020, 03:06 PM   #47

I love the quick connects, I replace them every year as they get corroded and leak. I’m for saving time and making things easy.
Culpkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 03:16 PM   #48

Now that is a good idea filling your fresh water tank.
Culpkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 07:20 PM   #49

I see nothing wrong with you water system setup. With the possible exception that you could add a backflow check valve to the black tank flush piping. * I know there is supposed to be a backflow preventer already by the rv manufacturer in the flush system.But sometimes the quality of that preventer sometimes is questionable.
Otherwise, I like your setup. I will be putting a similar setup in my water closet. I recentley installed a 1600 grain water softerer and regen/ prefilter from ifilters.com in my water closet. I love it. I will take some photos of my setup and also post them. I add some features of your setup to mine. Thank you for your info!!
Bounder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 08:25 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bounder3 View Post
I see nothing wrong with you water system setup. With the possible exception that you could add a backflow check valve to the black tank flush piping. * I know there is supposed to be a backflow preventer already by the rv manufacturer in the flush system.But sometimes the quality of that preventer sometimes is questionable.
I did install one, its just difficult to see in my pictures.

Just so we are clear, when looking at the pictures the black flush is the connection on the right side.

In the first picture looking straight on, notice the difference in the thickness between the left and the right connection into the coach. I you look closer you can see the 90 is screwed into brass.... thats the back flow preventer.

If you look at the second picture at the very top edge, you might see it, its brass and sticking further off than the left side.

Its there, I promise, and agree that its good to have the second layer of protection.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2020, 05:37 AM   #51

Great job. Thanks for your efforts.
SDDAVE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, water