Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-11-2021, 06:46 PM   #1

Water inside of bedroom

This is the second time I found water on the floor in my bedroom. Thor Hurricane 31S model. This was after a heavy rain over the weekend and the RV was in the storage lot. I see that the water is along the wall by the water heater, but there is no water inside the bay where the water heater is located. I checked the windows and the vent over the bed, but I can't find the source of the water. Since the RV is leaning down toward the right side of the RV (as you look at the rear of the RV) I think water is coming in and pooling in this area. I also checked the electrical bay under the bed and found no water. Vent over the bed was closed and no water was on the bed.

In the photo you can see the wood damage that is occurring and the dry heater bay. The water was in the area at the bottom of the photo.

I even drained all of the water from the heater before I put it into storage. My wife is suggesting I go ahead and get a cover for the RV since I can't find the source.

Any suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20211011_174145.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	392.8 KB
ID:	345830  
RVMan2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-11-2021, 06:54 PM   #2

Fire up the water heater get pressure on it and check fittings. Water is a weird animal and can run a ways before it shows up. Even with the water off it will hold pressure for days.
01blueox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:06 PM   #3

Is it coming in around the water heater? Any windows close? Between the roof and top of the sidewall?
Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 07:18 AM   #4

I had water pouring in once in a heavy downpour and wind, there were gaps all around the water heater panel on the side on the coach. I took the panel off and resealed it and its been fine since. Double checked it with garden hose.
rtaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 09:58 AM   #5

Thanks and another photo.

Thanks for the replies. I will check them out. Here is another image of where the water was located in the RV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Hurricane Floor Plan.png
Views:	9
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	345875  
RVMan2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:20 PM   #6

I apologize, my leak was coming from no gasket between the furnace housing and coach, not the water heater. My memory is less then perfect these days.
rtaggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 01:57 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01blueox View Post
Fire up the water heater get pressure on it and check fittings. Water is a weird animal and can run a ways before it shows up. Even with the water off it will hold pressure for days.

Op said he drained water heater before putting in storage.
Old 10-13-2021, 08:36 PM   #8

The OP's image of the floorplan shows an outside kitchen in that area. Even though the plumbing was drained before storage, I'd still look at the plumbing that feeds that outside sink.

Tags
water