Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2014, 12:23 PM   #1

Water leak - Need help ???

We have a 2008 Fleetwood Bounder 37D (new to us) with a water leak into the bedroom from bathroom wall. I have inspected all the line you can see through the access panels and basement. The only thing left is the facet in the shower and I can't figure out how to get it off the wall. There is no access panel in the area on the bedroom wall and nothing on the outside. One of the RV stores said I had to tear the paneling off the wall !!! Now I've been in RVing long enough to know that might not be to far off the answer, but hope it not...

Here is what I'm looking at..

What is this valve ?? Backflow ??

The facet... But everyone says it does not come off from the front, and I couldn't find one at Camping World that would either.

I removed the knobs and chrome cover but the valve would not come off the wall ? Do I remove the screw covers from the upper or lower soap tray to get access ?

Any help - Advice is appreciated.

Thanks
Bill
Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-22-2014, 12:30 PM   #2

usually these faucets leak from the stems. May be the line to it. Are yoou sure its the faucet and not a leak at the shower seams? Maybe by removing soap dish you will be able to inspect?
fletch460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 01:24 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Is leaking all the time,or just when valves are turned on?If it is leaking all the time ,it would be supply lines. with valves on ,valve stem jamb nut.just when shower is used it would be interior access panel ore around fixture(caulking or plumbers putty). Good luck Rich...
spider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #4

Our unit is not so fancy (a Bounder) but the same faucet. Yes it is removed by taking off nuts from the rear. Are you sure there is no access? Ours has an access hole in the wall (into the kitchen) covered by a mirror. Remove the mirror and voila access to faucet. If you indeed have a solid wall behind the faucet then I would say your access is through the soap dish. But that will be a hard angle to work on the faucet. How about cutting a hole and putting a mirror up to cover it😗?
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:31 PM   #5

Workhorse Chassis Owner
I have my RV control panel offset but behind my shower, I removed it, and was able to reach in behind the paneling and unscrew the water lines to change mine.

So if you can,t remove anything from behind the shower, within a foot or 2 of the valves, then your have to take the soap dish off to reach behind to unscrew your water lines. I would do the upper one.
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
mgscott4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:40 PM   #6

What happens if you remove the knobs? There should be some type of ring nut holding the chrome faceplate on.

2016 Newmar Bay Star Sport 3004
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport Willys
wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 05:52 PM   #7

I would pull both soap dishes to do the work. I would pull the bottom soap dish to check for leaks.

I too would check and make sure the leak was not a bad O ring on the stem. It happens. They also make a stem grease for reassembly.

IF the PEX runs through where you can get to it through the bottom soap dish it might be a lot easier to cut the tubing there and use a couple of Shark Bite or similar connectors where you can see them. You will not know until you get the old valve out.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:40 PM   #8

There is no access from the bedroom wall. No mirrors, no control panel to remove. Looks like the soap trays are the answers but before I make a little fix into a big mess I'd like to know that is the answer ?
Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:44 AM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Was your MH exposed to below freezing temps? That is how mine broke. Water froze in the valve and cracked the plastic. These things are cheap plastic and cheap quality. I now leave all of my water valves open when winterized, to let any residual water to drain down. FYI, the freeze also cracked my sink water sprayer, so I rubber band it open now too.

Earlier I said I would pull the upper panel, but I think Nothermark is right, pull the lower panel to see where the leak is coming from.

Amazon.com: rv shower faucet
06 Hurricane 34FT WH W20 Chassis 8.1L 132K, Steersafe, Koni Shocks, DIY Trac Bar, Tri-Metric 2025RV Battery Monitor, 4-6V Batteries, Scan Gauge 2, Crossfires, 735W Solar Morningstar MPPT-60, WG T4 In-Motion Sat, XM Radio, 07 Chevy Malibu Maxx Toad, Falcon 2, Brake Buddy, Escapee
Old 12-02-2014, 07:12 PM   #10

Workhorse Chassis Owner
So did you find the leak?

Tags
leak, need help, water, water leak