Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2021, 12:55 PM   #1

Vintage RV Owners Club
Water leaking underneath

My 1997 Winnebago brave 31RQ recently started leaking water underneath. I am currently connected to city water. I used various sealants and made some progress, but still not perfect. The leaks appear to be coming from directly under the shower, and from or near the hot water tank. I am VERY mold sensitive, and do not detect or smell any inside. A plumber told me the base of the shower would have to be removed, since there is not enough room to access the piping through the space under the shower, or through the access panel in my bedroom.

I had a leak that I thought was coming from the roof. It turned out the be coming from a gap in the seal between the ceiling and wall with the cabinets above the couch. Gorilla silicone fixed that completely.

I have at least slowed the leak down to where I can put buckets underneath the spots and turn the water on and off as needed. I was wondering if anyone knew that if I filled the holding tank with water rather than using the city water, might that temporary fix my problem? Or at least, wouldn’t help me troubleshoot the source of the leak? I have another plumber supposedly coming out on Monday, but because of Covid, they are slammed with business right now and hard to get out. Not to mention expensive.
RDire is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2021, 07:17 PM   #2

If you fill your fresh water tank and only use that for your water supply you gain control over water pressure by only turning on your pump when water is needed.

If you leave the pump turned on but no water being drawn, the pump will briefly run when pressure drops, telling you there is a leak in your plumbing.

To my knowledge there are no plumbing runs near the ceiling in any RV, they normally come up from under the floor or are hidden by baseboard trim.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG 11B5MX,Infantry retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA." My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. John F. Kennedy
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 07:58 PM   #3

Maybe can be accessed from the under side. May need to cut a hole in floor under shower to access if that is a possibility. Have seen trailers with under access.
ROUGHRIDER3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, water, water leak