RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2020, 05:57 AM   #1

Water leaving RV through flow tubes.

2018 Winnebago Travato 59G. With water pump on or hooked on to city water supply, steady flow of water coming out of second flow tube underneath RV. The valve attached to line coming from water tank is in Close position no over flow from there. However there is a second tube further towards side underneath Truma I guess. Steady flow of water coming out of it with pump on or on City water hook up. Looked at tubing under seat where Truma is located...but could not find a solution. Truma Pressure Switch is in close position...what gives?? Bad switch maybe??
Phirschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2020, 08:51 AM   #2

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Maybe a low point drain is open. Check your owners manual.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:29 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If the LOW POINT DRAINS are closed, and this tube is from the FRESHWATER TANK, then suspicion would be OVERFLOW, and caused by bad check valve internal to the WATER PUMP, and would require pump rebuild or replacement to repair. (Worst case) would be a burst tank, where tank pressurized during filling, and tank cracked/ split. FW TANKS WILL NOT SURVIVE ANY PRESSURIZATION.
Old 10-14-2020, 06:05 AM   #4

As yours probably does, my Truma has a separate drain valve and tube for the water heater portion. I assume the Travato also comes with the winterizing kit and so there will be a third valve there that controls the Truma water heater bypass. The bypass is obvious because it is three-way and connects the blue pipe to the red pipe when in bypass mode. It could be you are just missing the drain valve which may be buried. My Era has a rear access panel that makes it much easier to see the valves as opposed to lifting a panel under the mattress and feeling around for valves.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:28 AM   #5

thanks for the explanation..when I put the 3way valve into winterizing pointing to red line position the overflow stoped ...back in normal blue line position overflows again...???
Old 10-15-2020, 09:31 AM   #6

maybe there is a third valve somewhere. I never activated a valve so i have no clue why all of a sudden the Truma activates overflow. I called Truma service...no respond yet...any ideas...? I need to take a maintenance course somewhere...
Old 10-16-2020, 04:44 AM   #7

Yes, the drain for the water heater portion of your Truma must still be open. See if this video helps:

Old 10-17-2020, 03:32 PM   #8

All drains are closed. The water heater drain valve may be defective. Broken spring? Tapping closes it temporarily but water pressure may open it up again. I have a new one on order from Truma. In the meantime I turned the Water Heater By-Pass Valve to By-Pass mode. Switched he Water Heat to OFF on the Truma Control Panel preventing heating element damage w/o having water in the warm water reservoir. In this mode the water stays within the plumbing system with no overflow taking place.
Will report back once the new Drain Valve is in place. Hopefully reporting success ��Thank Uall for the input, learning from each other. ��
Old 10-17-2020, 04:31 PM   #9

Sounds like you have it diagnosed. Don’t worry about accidentally turning on the water heater with no water. You’ll just get an error code that, when you look it up, will let you know there is no water in the tank! Been there, done that, when using the Truma to put a load on my generator when exercising it off-season.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:53 PM   #10

Thanks Dave. Good 2 know.

Tags
water