Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2020, 09:21 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrified View Post
I agree. Nothing has been fixed and I have no comfort in that it is working properly now. I will probably order a new pump and keep it on hand. I don’t think I’ve seen the end of this issue.
If you have easy access to the pump, you might consider ordering a replacement pressure switch kit instead of a new pump. Simple to replace and considerably cheaper.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2020, 09:43 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljwt330 View Post
If you have easy access to the pump, you might consider ordering a replacement pressure switch kit instead of a new pump. Simple to replace and considerably cheaper.
I have done just that. Stay tuned. 😎
Electrified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 10:21 AM   #31

I finally received a new pressure switch for the pump and have installed it but there is no change. If I turn the pump on using the wall switch it will turn on and stay on if I have a faucet on and will shut off once the faucet is turned off. After it reaches pressure and turns off, it will not turn back on when a faucet is opened even though the wall switch shows it is on.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:05 PM   #32

We just replaced the whole pump assembly and it seems to be working fine now. I don't understand why the pressure switch didn't fix it because when the pump was pumping, it worked great.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:25 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrified View Post
The system that controls everything in our coach is a Firefly system. Within that system, there are 3 touchpad switches. There are no physical switches.
Therein lies your issue....
Pump & pressure switch are working correctly WHEN the pump sees a demand and has power to it

One of those Firefly on/off switches is NOT working

Maybe a RESET ??
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 05:29 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
Therein lies your issue....
Pump & pressure switch are working correctly WHEN the pump sees a demand and has power to it

One of those Firefly on/off switches is NOT working

Maybe a RESET ??
After we replaced the pressure switch, we tested all of the Firefly switches and they all would turn the pump on and off without issue. 3 of the wall switches are wired and 2 are battery powered so we went ahead and replaced the batteries but it didn't change anything.
Old 12-25-2020, 03:26 AM   #35

I don’t know exactly what it could be, but apparently there was something about that pump, that was turning the firefly switch system off, when the pump shut off. This caused you to have to turn the pump on each time you wanted to use it.
Old 12-26-2020, 01:27 PM   #36

Winnebago Owners Club
It's really NOT clear if there's water flowing in the scenarios Electrified outlines. He does say the valve is in 'dry camping' mode, but if he's hooked up to water and the valve is leaking by, there may be enough pressure to keep the pump off.
Electrified, if what I suggest is correct, disconnect the water hose and see if your scenario repeats. Then, check for pluggage, maybe an in-line filter, or a bad pressure switch.
Skip Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 02:05 PM   #37

Tiffin Owners Club
An obstruction between where the pump switch connects to the pump and the switch diaphragm. Can cause the pump to be sluggish switching on because the pressure on the switch isn't dropping. Depends on how that switch is plumbed.

If you have an accumulator/expansion tank on the system that can also create problems with the switch operation if the static air pressure on the tank is set too high. It needs to be about 2psi lower than the cut-in setting on the switch. That usually results in a hesitation or drop-out of flow just before the pump switches on.
Bsipe01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 07:15 PM   #38

Blockage

I wonder if there is a blockage in the accumulator tank. The tank should have a rubber bladder inside, sometimes the bladder breaks and blocks the flow.
jimjenturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 10:24 PM   #39

ktoutoor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump