Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2012, 08:33 PM   #1

What a weekend...so far!

I left work early Friday for a family event that was canceled so, I worked on the RV. Seems the Florida owners had exhaust work done at wacky world. The tail pipes were held in place with aluminum muffler tape and bailing wire. I installed some real clamps and secured them with proper hangers. Done.

Saturday, we joined the Good Sam Club and purchased some of the items off our "list".

I replaced the awning roller on the door, made a new limit strap for the drivers door, added another grab handle so I can get in the drivers door, replaced a broken cup holder, replaced two cabinet door struts, found the short legs to go under the dinette table to convert it into a bed. I just had to relocate the under table mounts so it would fit back in the opening and sit on the legs. Purchased the 4 inch straight and 135 degree valve stem extensions so I can mount the braided hose stem extensions I got two weeks ago. I guess I'll have to remove the outer rear wheels to install these.

We then tested a cleaner we purchased two weeks ago, I can't remember the name, another orange based cleaner, anyway, it worked super! The passenger side of the coach looks new! We'll wash the rest tomorrow. Just a few things to finish tomorrow, we may be going to Georgia to the Pirate fest on Tybee Island! Going to have the Coach packed with Pirates!

I'll post pictures!
PirateCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Post some pictures. It's never ending on any Rv, we seem to look for things to correct or clean. Have fun on you trip to Georgia. Safe trouble free miles.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 04:57 AM   #3
Elf

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
PirateCamper;Just a few things to finish tomorrow, we may be going to Georgia to the Pirate fest on Tybee Island! Going to have the Coach packed with Pirates!

I'll post pictures!
We spent a month on the Georgia coast this past spring. We went up to Savannah and through Fort Pulaski. What, however, is Pirate fest?
Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 AM   #4

A Pirate Fest or Festival is a large gathering of those of us that do living history and re enacting as period Pirates. We use real functioning weapons, swords and cannons. We work with schools, museums and maritime organisations to preserve the history of the age of sail.

The Fest at Tybee Island, is a great street party with a Pirate theme. There is music and food and a good time to be had by all.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:37 AM   #5

Sunday went down hill.

I must have jinxed it with my happy post for Friday and Saturday.

Had I known what I was in for, I would have slept in and watched TV all day...
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 AM   #6
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Welcome to the "I Thought It Would Be Easier Than That Club".

You may also want to join the " If I Knew It Was Going To Be That Tough, I Never Would Have Started It In The First Place Club".

Once you have earned your long term membership in these, you are eligible for the "Pass Me The Phone Book Club".
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Welcome to the "I Thought It Would Be Easier Than That Club".

You may also want to join the " If I Knew It Was Going To Be That Tough, I Never Would Have Started It In The First Place Club".

Once you have earned your long term membership in these, you are eligible for the "Pass Me The Phone Book Club".
Now you tell me!

LoL, all part of the RV life I tell myself...
Old 10-01-2012, 11:48 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirateCamper View Post
Seems the Florida owners had exhaust work done at wacky world. The tail pipes were held in place with aluminum muffler tape and bailing wire.
That sounds like mine was.

Except they went the extra mile. They used copper water pipe to reroute the existing genset exhaust from where it stuck out 6" past the curb side rear of the coach bodywork into a U-turn and back under the coach and across to the drivers side. But it was at least securely fastened there with plumbing strapping and self-tapping screws back into the frame.

Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
That sounds like mine was.

Except they went the extra mile. They used copper water pipe to reroute the existing genset exhaust from where it stuck out 6" past the curb side rear of the coach bodywork into a U-turn and back under the coach and across to the drivers side. But it was at least securely fastened there with plumbing strapping and self-tapping screws back into the frame.

OK, you win! LoL

I guess mine isn't that bad after all...