Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2019, 08:05 PM   #1

What are the odds?

About 100 miles from home returning from a nice 2400 mile trip I stopped for gas today. Fill her up and climbing up into the coach I put my hand on the grab handle to climb up. On the back side of the handle was a bee and of course I got stung again! In the past two years I got stung by a wasp, stung under the armpit sitting in a hot tub, and got bit by a mama black widow on of all days, Halloween! What is with mother nature? Luckily I am not allergic.
Bahamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2019, 08:48 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I feel your pain. I went through a 10 year period of getting stung often by wasps and hornets. Could have been my after shave, who knows. I've been bit by a Black Widow 1 time and stung by a scorpion twice. I figure, I live in Florida so it comes with the territory. Seems should get used to it my now.
chuckftboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 08:23 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamaniac View Post
What is with mother nature?
Global warming, climate change.
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 09:50 AM   #4

A similar thing happened to me. I got stung on my hand last year just walking around. I was walking through the woods and my hand must have swung down just as a bee was flying by and struck my hand and the bee stung me. What are the odds of that happening? My hand actually swelled up and I got worried about it spreading but some benadryl helped stop that.
MapleKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:54 AM   #5
doc

Appalachian Campers
Stay out of Georgia. We have Fire Ants and they will cover you in the hundreds if you happen to invade their nests. Toddlers should never be left in the yard where these thing MIGHT be. Their 'hills' can show up over night. I have seen large pastures with thousands of these nests. New born calves can be killed if the mama cow chooses the wrong place to give birth.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Stay out of Georgia. We have Fire Ants and they will cover you in the hundreds if you happen to invade their nests. Toddlers should never be left in the yard where these thing MIGHT be. Their 'hills' can show up over night. I have seen large pastures with thousands of these nests. New born calves can be killed if the mama cow chooses the wrong place to give birth.
When I was going through boot camp at Ft Knox KY I saw ant hills that were 3 and 4 feet tall with 2-3 inch wide super highways for the ants. WOW - wouldn't want to fall into one of them.
'08 Jeep GC Overland.
RKins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 11:43 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
Will do !!
Old 02-27-2019, 07:51 AM   #8

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Last summer while riding my Harley a hornet got inside my shirt.The guys riding behind me said they thought I was having some kind of seizure by the way I was squirming around !! Almost wrecked trying to get stopped.Man when one of those bad boys stings you it almost feels like hot coals.
gvette85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 10:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvette85 View Post
Last summer while riding my Harley a hornet got inside my shirt.The guys riding behind me said they thought I was having some kind of seizure by the way I was squirming around !! Almost wrecked trying to get stopped.Man when one of those bad boys stings you it almost feels like hot coals.
Been there done that !

Whatever nasty bug it was, it got me 5 times before I managed to pound on the right spot, and flatten it against my chest!
Old 03-01-2019, 06:46 PM   #10

I was driving the rv with the window open and my arm and hand on the door a yellow jacket hornet hit the mirror and splattered and hit me on the hand and it was like getting stung a couple fingers burned and swelled up.
Old 03-03-2019, 09:07 PM   #11

Jellyfish can cause quite a bit of misery too. We put a meat tenderizer paste on it. It digests the venom.
eddndee is offline   Reply With Quote