Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2020, 03:07 PM   #43

Anything we want

A lot depends on your food storage/ refer capacity, at least for us.

We shop weekly for fruit & veggies as well as bread, milk & eggs. We do look for road side spots for seasonal fruits & veggie’s, but WalMart will generally have what we need & open 24 hours in most places

We do have freezer space & comfortable that with our solar panel we won’t loose the refer temps even when not on shore power. So we do purchase meat & fish for the BBQ.

Always have some microwave popcorn & chips as well as marshmallows around, especially if the grandsons might be with us & or joining up with us.

We do eat out on occasion, especially if there is local spot that everyone in the Campground raves about, although our experience isn’t always the best, we have enjoyed more than not.

Enjoy the ride, ride your bikes, hike or walk you’ll burn the calories, for sure

YBIC & SIC
Ron & Laura
RonBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2020, 03:27 PM   #44

Usually cereal for breakfast, bigger lunch, i.e. barbecue, soup or salad, deli type sandwich etc. Supper is usually small like hors d'oeuvres, but always have wine.
moonmanvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveler4321 View Post
The TT freezer is my most prized place, so the vac sealer is great to keep it organized. Small crockpot on a timer is great. The lost art of old fashion canning is also great to have good homemade foods. When things are in season one can,, can them and have fresh vegies any time. I do what they call cold pack canning, and its great.. Home made red based vedgi soup cans great, and its healthy. I cant do leftovers, unless its great pizza, so its mainly single servings. Today is one marinated chic kabob and one beef with seasoned tatter kabob on the grill, and canned sweet corn from my friends garden, last fall I did 22 small jars.
I have been doing the one meal a day thing for years, and didn't know it had a name till I read it online one day.
I am going to start to make my own prepped ready meals, such as cook a normal meatloaf and divide it and vac seal and freeze. Stews, pot pies, shepards pie (irish style) lasagna, Stuffed shells are easy and freeze well. It isn't hard to make pot stickers and freeze them, They can be healthy, and crab rang goons. Its endless, and gives me something to do. Some things don't come out as good unless made in bulk.
Any one see a 2 door white dodge 2500, come see me ill give samples of canned goods, I just want the jars back. ( and home made soap)
⬆️This⬆️
We carry an All American pressure canner and a steam canner with us at all times. Processing is work and takes time but who cares and as reward ready to eat healthy food is always within reach. Pint jars are the perfect size for the two of us. Other than that we make yogurt in our Instant Pot and bake bread and pizza from scratch in our convection oven.
Eating out gets expensive and old fast.
Cypressloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 03:42 PM   #46

Interesting that there are so many different answers , what would really be interesting is if everyone that answered what their diets consisted of also posted a picture of themselves!
Just curious.
Old 03-08-2020, 03:44 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
We like to cook meals at home and freeze them. Things we can put in the slow cooker in the morning and when we come back that evening it’s ready to eat. Like spaghetti, soups, gumbo. We also like to grill or boil shrimp outside. Maybe eat out once a week or maybe not.
Rdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:29 PM   #48

Forest River Owners Club
We fulltimed for 7 years, and still are on the road about 1/2 the year. When in the RV we eat pretty much the same meals as we do at home. We have a '5-minute chef" both at home and in the RV for my breakfast omelets, DW does cereal. With the cooktop, microwave/convection oven, small grill, air fryer, and electric pressure cooker we can cook whatever we want.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:02 PM   #49

We are not FT, but we do hit the road for 1 to 3 month intervals when we can....when I cook at home, I always make the 2nd meal and freeze it. That way, when on the road I can take a dozen prepared frozen meals with us...then the basic grilling foods can be purchased....so if it’s cold, I have stews/soups...when it’s nice,we can grill out.....eating at restaurants is expensive and overrated.....sure, I like a break once in a while.....but not every day!
RonandSueH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:20 PM   #50

I do all the cooking at home, so I can tell you that we started the trip with frozen precooked meals adding veggies as needed, during the course of the trip going 18 months now, I continue to cook the same foods as home, adding more and more variations as I find recipes. Now in California we are thanking full advantage of farmers markets. It’s no reason not to eat healthy at home, on the road or restaurants.

Zzotte
Old 03-08-2020, 06:21 PM   #51

What we take to eat

On the first night we stop, it is always quick and easy. That means anything from TV dinners to hamburgers on the grill. We normally have 4 days of food and snacks and eat out at a local spot once a week. Grocery stores are usually not to far away to shop.
GabbyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:15 PM   #52

We have been on the road for a trip of 6-10 weeks each year for the last several years. We eat pretty much the same. On days we are driving, my wife frequently puts something in the crock pot and sets it in the sink. That way the meal is ready when we make camp.
JerryTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:32 PM   #53

When in your coach on the road your are home. I cannot think of anything I cook at home I have not cooked on the road. This includes full Holiday dinners.

With a stove, grill and a convection microwave you are good to go.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:36 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryTaylor View Post
We have been on the road for a trip of 6-10 weeks each year for the last several years. We eat pretty much the same. On days we are driving, my wife frequently puts something in the crock pot and sets it in the sink. That way the meal is ready when we make camp.
I'm having crockpot lentil soup tonight from a batch I made last week.
rodekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:49 PM   #55

We make breakfast, pack lunch and depending on where we stop find a local restaurant or again make a good dinner.
bigdadof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:48 PM   #56

Since I'm usually a solo RV'er. I make a bunch of frozen leftovers to take with me when camping. I try to follow a mediteranan diet. I've lost a bit since I usually walk my pups at least twice a day when camping. I also keep a bunch of vegetarian meals in my pantry. INDENT]/IDry beans, canned corn and other veggies. [NDENT]
RitaB is offline   Reply With Quote