RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-07-2019, 03:50 PM   #1

What is this

Taking out our 2019 Thor Quantum out on maiden trip. We do not have the manuals yet. I think this might be tied to running the full fridge when going down the road. Different from our last RV, this full fridge does not run on propane. So if anyone has and idea what this and how it works, please let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9771D75D-AADB-4290-8339-DAECC24B2CD2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	259519  
Dr. Den is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #2

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...j2XNeqsJYZU2TI

owners manual.
Shadowrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:53 PM   #3

That's your inverter. If you have a residential fridge that will power it when the coach is off. As long as it is on.

Will stay on independent of master power at least in mine.

Also will power the TVs and a select number of 120v plugs.
chrisngrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 07:22 PM   #4

Did they not do a walk through education on the systems when you purchased it?
Old 09-07-2019, 08:37 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatChance View Post
Did they not do a walk through education on the systems when you purchased it?
And if they didn't ? Any suggestions that may help ?
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:40 PM   #6

Thanks for the helpful post, but I was asking the OP...
Old 09-08-2019, 07:08 AM   #7

Go to xantrex web site until you get your manuals. Congrats on your new rig it takes awhile to learn how everything works.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:38 PM   #8

This is our third camper, First a 30 ft bumper pull, then a 2011 30ft Class C and now a 2019 30 ft Class C. We live in the Houston TX area. We looked at several rigs and my wife wanted this floor plan (bunk beds / grand kids) and the larger fridge. No one in our area had one but Camping World said they had one in Tyler TX, 270 miles away. We got on the phone, exchanged phone calls and made a deal. We set a date to exchange rigs, I called the day before to be sure everything was set and told them we would be there at 12 noon, a five hour drive. We got there a 12 noon could not locate our salesman. After several questions we finally got to see the new rig after one hour. The guy showing us, was not very familiar with Thor, but I figure we had been around enough RVs I could figure it out. After looking at the coach, we found it was nor exactly brand new, it had 1800 miles on it. They explained mileage to get it here plus the manager had let a couple take it out to try it. Somehow they lost the manuals. Well we were in a bad spot. Drove all that way, everything else was pretty good but no manuals. There are lots of things I don't mind messing with, but nothing that deals with electricity. This new rig has a lot of electronics, lots of electronics. Three cameras, self levelers, tankless water heater, Large fridge with ice maker, heated mirrows. So before I started pushing buttons, I wanted a little advise like chrisngrod gave me, and he was right, it worked, big thanks. As for as the manuals, I wrote Camping World, advised them of the situation and they called me and advised the manuals are in the mail. Thank you for your help. This site has helped me out several times !!!!
Old 09-08-2019, 06:12 PM   #9

Camping World?
That was your first mistake. You will never see those manuals.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 12:21 AM   #10

Call Thor C/S and they will send you the coach manual. Then look in the bedroom closet and find the build sheet and then download the manuals for every sub system in the coach.

Next, file a complain with Texas DMV that they sold you a used coach as new and they will make sure that it hasn't been previously titled.

Elkhart to Tyler is about 1,000 miles, so they let a couple use it for over 700 miles???

Not having manuals may be the least of your problems...
Old 09-13-2019, 12:37 AM   #11

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If never titled it is still a new rig even with that many miles. A MH is driven from factory to dealer and sometimes from show to show or other lots. Our first DP's had over 2,000 miles on them because that's how far Nappanee is from us.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote