Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2022, 03:32 PM   #1
Bug

What slide motor do I have?

I own a 2007 fleetwood flair 33r. Ford f54 chassis v10 My living room slide motor has gone out or I believe it’s gone out. I am wondering what type of motor this is? The motor is all rusted with no indication of the brand and I’m having a heck of a time trying to figure out what replacement I need as I cannot figure out what is in there.

Does anyone know the motor number or item number or even the oem motor number so I can lookup what a replacement would be.

Thank you in advance for your time.

For the record my motorhome came with no manuals. I have printed the generic manuals however it does not indicate exactly what’s in my particular rv.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2022, 03:44 PM   #2
Bug

Please disregard. Was able to locate a item number. For reference if anyone else has a 2006 fleetwood flair 33r. Living room slide motor below in pic. Now I just need to locate one. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7785.JPG
Views:	26
Size:	515.1 KB
ID:	369790
Old 06-30-2022, 11:20 PM   #3

Gulf Streamers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=power+gea..._sb_ss_sc_1_17
Old 07-01-2022, 09:37 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
These guys are great and offer motors at a good price:

https://www.cshincorporated.com/sear...ults/?q=523900

Good luck. Watch out for low priced non-Klauber gear knockoffs!
Old 07-01-2022, 12:59 PM   #5

^ I agree. I was going to essentially say the same thing. A Klauber-branded motor is the most logical replacement to buy as the ones that might be a $100 or more cheaper are made in China and probably will fail faster.

Klauber is still reasonably priced but is known to be better made and comes from a factory here in the U.S. and was the OEM manufacturer from what I understand.

If you order one from Lippert or with the Lippert/Power Gear OEM branding, you'll most likely pay over $1,000 for it.

I was going to give you this link to buy a Klauber through Amazon (HERE) but I just noticed that it's CSH who is selling it through Amazon but at a higher price so by all means, order it directly through CSH Electric Motor Supply from the link that RichKimball gave as it's about $43 less going directly through CSH.

To give you an example how much more the OEM Lippert/Power Gear unit is, here it is a rvUpgrades for $1,376.60 ...if you compare the specifications, they exactly match:

Lippert 368417 Gear Motor
theroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 02:28 PM   #6
Bug

Thank you all for the responses. I had ended up going with the Klauber. Unfortunately the only way to get it in time was through amazon and it’s still pressing the limit. We might have to take our 2 week trip without the living room slide. It wasn’t too bad this weekend so no biggie.

Those cheap-o’s scared me as a few people said it wouldn’t retract from full extension. The oem are ridiculous priced and these seemed similar in spec and better reviews. Figured I’d start here.

Thanks again. A wealth of information as always. Happy trails.
Old 07-05-2022, 02:55 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Best of luck Bug. I never could find an exact replacement even though the numbers matched up. The case was a little larger so the bolt holes didn't line up....but I made do by wedging the nuts and bolts against the frame where the slide holes were. Hope yours is a direct replacement.
Old 07-05-2022, 04:09 PM   #8
Bug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKimball View Post
Best of luck Bug. I never could find an exact replacement even though the numbers matched up. The case was a little larger so the bolt holes didn't line up....but I made do by wedging the nuts and bolts against the frame where the slide holes were. Hope yours is a direct replacement.

Thank you!! Might need to use that tip. Honestly. Everything I’ve done on this rv has been a task. Changing the headlights? Yea snapped the bolts and broke the bracket, ended up buying a welder, learning to weld and making a new one. Rv life is never dull that’s for sure. But I’d love if they just lined up the first time for one. I feel I’ve earned it by now. Haha
Old 07-19-2022, 02:16 PM   #9
Bug

Just an update.

Well. Part never arrived in time so we ran the trip without however it’s here and installed and working great now.

Klauber part fit perfectly. Actually maybe even slightly smaller in the gear housing than the original. It also came with the plug which was not pictured but a pleasant find.

The job took maybe 45 mins with a bit of poking around figuring it out and making a video on how to do it. Very very simple job.

Ran a few in’s and out’s and works well so far.

Thanks again for the tips and tricks.

Happy trails!
Old 07-21-2022, 07:36 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Back about 10 years ago the slide motor quit working. To get it going quickly I ordered a replacement Power Gear motor.

I kept the old motor and when I had time I tore it apart to see why it wouldn't work. The motor is pretty simple, armature and the windings, brushes and springs, bearing on the shafts, and a brake assembly. Took it apart and really couldn't find anything wrong, so I cleaned all up, blew out the windings and the gaps in the armature, reset the brushes using some emory cloth, put it all back together and it worked. So now I have a spare
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 09:48 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug View Post
Just an update.

Well. Part never arrived in time so we ran the trip without however it’s here and installed and working great now. . . .

Happy trails!
Glad you could resolve the problem, and thanks for the update of the resolution. Please let us know if you post the video of the repair, I'd be interested in seeing that.

Tags
motor, slide, slide motor