Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2016, 01:28 PM   #15

Country Coach Owners Club
My BS meter is beginning to wag on this one.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2016, 01:57 PM   #16

I think you should play the game.

I have friends I see in Florida during the winter with motorhome at least 3 times the price of mine.

I show them respect, I have good comments on their motorhome and I take the figure of a Beta and not an Alpha.

You have to make them look like if they succeeded and you did not but would have like to.

I am far from my retirement but I have a 800 000$ home nearly fully paid, no depts at all, money at the bank but I spent only 40000$ on my motorhome that I repaired and refresh completly. I know putting good money on a motorhome is not a good investment for someone my age.

But I will never play the game of these friends telling them how much money we make and how big our house is at home. They evaluate me on what they see and I think it is fun like this. I enjoy playing this game.

One of them last month in Florida was in each sentense telling us how much he spent on this and this, presuming we can not afford those things. He did that for many weeks. On the last week, he told me he wanted to take his retirement at 55 but that it would not be possible because of the two kids, the motorhome, the rent for the motorhome indoor parking, etc.

He probably think we make low salary and are poor and he will never know because he is not interessed by our lifes. He wants us all to be witness of his success.

Last summer we spent two evenings listening to a man from Israel. He spent all these hours to do only one thing; show us how much money he makes. I had tons of questions about his country, the language, the war ambiance, etc. So we had a good time. But he asked us no questions at all. He wanted witnesses of his success.

After he left I told my kids and wife that this guy does Facebook travelling. He travels only to put pictures on his Facebook to show the world how much money he makes. He had spent a total of 4 hours visiting the Grand Canyon while we had spent 5 days. Maybe this neigbourg is a Facebook traveller? Your motorhome is no good for his Facebook and the people that witness his success on Facebook.

See it as a game. Each individual has its own evaluation of what is Success. In a Karate dojo the teacher for my kids looks at me like if I was soft hand but I was in the military before.

Last year, in New-York city campground (or New Jersey city), I met a guy from my province. He was comparing his 500000$ brand new motorhome Allegro Bus 2014 to mine and he told me: You know Carl, I took the right decisions in my life I guess to have such a beautiful motorhome. He was there beside his ugly wife with no kids. I was in front of him with my five beautiful kids and my super beautiful wife and I did not tell him but I understood "his planet was quite small".

They both retired very early, having no kids. They are full timer, no house only a motorhome 500000$ and the army retirement revenues. I did not tell him but I like having five nice kids, my big 800 000$ home, fully paid cars and motorhome. But for him he was success and I was not. 400 millions people have 400 millions ways of seeing what is important and not.

I became friend with this guy and we had good conversations. We have to deal with our neighbors like they are. But in each subject he had to be on the top. For example: He said - You were in Florida last winter, we went in campground name xxxx and it was very good. But it is 1200$ a month too much for you. You should go at..... I did not tell him but we have been in the last two winters in the most expansive area of Florida, the Keys where we paid from 2100$ to 3100$ a month. We don't go there because it is expansive but simply because my wife is 101 pounds and if the weather is cold, my trip will be finish (we travel 8 weeks on summer and 4-5 weeks in the winter). So I prefer to take no risk. The keys are 5 degres hotter in Florida than anywhere else.

In my opinion, 95% of the population have Trouble of the personnality. There is a list of the various troubles availlable on the internet. This means that it is nearly impossible to have friends.... unless we make compromises. And for me in USA it is even more difficult because most people I meet there believe in gods and it affect greatly the level of any subjects.

You are not alone, welcome to the club.
Old 01-22-2016, 02:20 PM   #17

Ford Super Duty Owner
Carl,

Your English is coming along very well these past months. I can tell the improvements from many posts ago. However your English has always been pretty good.

Just thought I'd comment.

As far as the neighbors that are difficult to get along with. Try killing them with kindness and understand as Carl pointed out. If they are always trying to impress others they probably are not very happy campers.

TeJay
Old 01-22-2016, 02:22 PM   #18

You became friends with the guy with the childless, ugly wife ? How nice.

I'm not playing your game.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 02:38 PM   #19

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05 American Eagle View Post
Don't sweat the small stuff. And by the way, it is ALL Small Stuff.

Your life will be happier.
Gee, I could use you too have a little talk with my boss !!
Old 01-22-2016, 03:22 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinboat View Post
You became friends with the guy with the childless, ugly wife ? How nice.

I'm not playing your game.
Twinboat, I am discovering the "world".

When I was young I hate watching French movies. It is slow, lot of talking. But now I like them because I can witness differents way of lifes and different realities. I think they call it: anthropology.
Old 01-22-2016, 03:40 PM   #21
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Please discuss the subject, not snip at each other.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 03:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeJay View Post
Carl,

Your English is coming along very well these past months.

TeJay
Merci TeJay!

And my kids too are improving!
Old 01-22-2016, 04:44 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbilodeau View Post
I think you should play the game.

I have friends I see in Florida during the winter with motorhome at least 3 times the price of mine.

I show them respect, I have good comments on their motorhome and I take the figure of a Beta and not an Alpha.

You have to make them look like if they succeeded and you did not but would have like to.

I am far from my retirement but I have a 800 000$ home nearly fully paid, no depts at all, money at the bank but I spent only 40000$ on my motorhome that I repaired and refresh completly. I know putting good money on a motorhome is not a good investment for someone my age.

But I will never play the game of these friends telling them how much money we make and how big our house is at home. They evaluate me on what they see and I think it is fun like this. I enjoy playing this game.

One of them last month in Florida was in each sentense telling us how much he spent on this and this, presuming we can not afford those things. He did that for many weeks. On the last week, he told me he wanted to take his retirement at 55 but that it would not be possible because of the two kids, the motorhome, the rent for the motorhome indoor parking, etc.

He probably think we make low salary and are poor and he will never know because he is not interessed by our lifes. He wants us all to be witness of his success.

Last summer we spent two evenings listening to a man from Israel. He spent all these hours to do only one thing; show us how much money he makes. I had tons of questions about his country, the language, the war ambiance, etc. So we had a good time. But he asked us no questions at all. He wanted witnesses of his success.

After he left I told my kids and wife that this guy does Facebook travelling. He travels only to put pictures on his Facebook to show the world how much money he makes. He had spent a total of 4 hours visiting the Grand Canyon while we had spent 5 days. Maybe this neigbourg is a Facebook traveller? Your motorhome is no good for his Facebook and the people that witness his success on Facebook.

See it as a game. Each individual has its own evaluation of what is Success. In a Karate dojo the teacher for my kids looks at me like if I was soft hand but I was in the military before.

Last year, in New-York city campground (or New Jersey city), I met a guy from my province. He was comparing his 500000$ brand new motorhome Allegro Bus 2014 to mine and he told me: You know Carl, I took the right decisions in my life I guess to have such a beautiful motorhome. He was there beside his ugly wife with no kids. I was in front of him with my five beautiful kids and my super beautiful wife and I did not tell him but I understood "his planet was quite small".

They both retired very early, having no kids. They are full timer, no house only a motorhome 500000$ and the army retirement revenues. I did not tell him but I like having five nice kids, my big 800 000$ home, fully paid cars and motorhome. But for him he was success and I was not. 400 millions people have 400 millions ways of seeing what is important and not.

I became friend with this guy and we had good conversations. We have to deal with our neighbors like they are. But in each subject he had to be on the top. For example: He said - You were in Florida last winter, we went in campground name xxxx and it was very good. But it is 1200$ a month too much for you. You should go at..... I did not tell him but we have been in the last two winters in the most expansive area of Florida, the Keys where we paid from 2100$ to 3100$ a month. We don't go there because it is expansive but simply because my wife is 101 pounds and if the weather is cold, my trip will be finish (we travel 8 weeks on summer and 4-5 weeks in the winter). So I prefer to take no risk. The keys are 5 degres hotter in Florida than anywhere else.

In my opinion, 95% of the population have Trouble of the personnality. There is a list of the various troubles availlable on the internet. This means that it is nearly impossible to have friends.... unless we make compromises. And for me in USA it is even more difficult because most people I meet there believe in gods and it affect greatly the level of any subjects.

You are not alone, welcome to the club.
Well said Carl
Old 01-22-2016, 05:03 PM   #24

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I am not sure what an RV like mine would cost today but 10 years ago it was 100 thousand (rounded very slightly, Sticker was higher, Contract less in fact). Now I've parked beside some genuine junk and I've parked beside rigs that have more zeros (Like 1.5 Million without options) and you know, they were all nice.

I do not judge the RV, I judge the owner and then only after we interact (The guy beside me is .. Strange... But then, we have political differences and that is as far as I'll go on that).

However I did once do a drive through on an RV park (in a car) and decided I did not wish to park there.. The people did not look like the kind I wanted for neighors. (Which is why I'm broke down where I am).

The Snobs have the same choice I did.. if they do not like the neighborhood. Pull in slides, Disconnect from services, Raise jacks, Hook up Turn key Released Parking brake, Engage transmission and put the pedal down a bit to pull out and park elsewhere.

Putting down your neighbors.. .NOT an option.
Old 01-22-2016, 05:17 PM   #25

Not sure if the OP is more upset about their behavior or the fact that the new neighbors have a very nice new rig. Seems he is more upset that they have a nice rig and not even retired yet. He would hate me too then
Old 01-22-2016, 05:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimplexsound View Post
They have started complaining because all of the surrounding neighbors don't have rigs as nice as theirs. They think their neighbors should move. Started complaining about my Motorhome being close to theirs.
Who exactly are these "uppity neighbors" complaining to ?
Old 01-22-2016, 06:07 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Invite them over for an adult beverage....with other neighbors. Its easy to make people feel uncomfortable and unwanted....takes a bigger man/woman to make an effort and reach out.......Try it...what do you have to loose?
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 07:41 PM   #28

National RV Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey ---OP! Enlighten us as to current situation and also answer a few questions that have been asked. Thanks.
Grey Ghost I is offline   Reply With Quote