Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-22-2014, 01:50 PM   #71

Well, the next to the last thing that broke on our RV was the Cummins - air cleaner boot tore and dusted the internals. Totally ruined.

The last thing that broke happened after we pulled the engine out. I wanted to take the RV down off the blocks it was on in order to drain the freshwater tank. When I ran the leveling jacks down to lift the rear end up, a hydraulic line blew on the driver's side leveling jack, and the RV came crashing back down on the blocks.

Glad I wasn't underneath it when the line blew. It had rubbed on the frame and had a weak spot worn through the side. Word to the wise... never ever crawl under your RV while it's jacked up on the leveling jacks. Always secure the rv on jack stands or blocking under the frame.

-cheers
Piker is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-02-2014, 02:02 PM   #72

Gideon

My Sony FM/AM/CD player stopped working in my 2000 Coachman Catalina. So I went into the dash and found a couple of wires on the wiring harness had come loose and the fuse had blown. Replaced the fuse and ordered a new wiring harness ($10.99) and installed - now it is working great.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 03:41 PM   #73

Fleetwood Owners Club
In October had to take her to Camping World to get front power gear jacks replaced. Only place in Central Texas that could look at it in less than a month. Had them lube chassis and change fuel filters while it sat there for 3 weeks waiting on new jacks from power gear. On way home (75 miles) Check Engine light and alarm are going off. Got her home! Call good sam road side and they send out mobile mechanic. He says you will have to take it to Cummins dealer. Dreaded 559 code This was the week before Thanksgiving. We had a two week trip planned. Went to see her today. They are still trying to figure out what it is. Sure glad the Prevous Owner had a tranferrable extended warranty!! Hopefully she will be ready this weekend.
Hogbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:10 PM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Well, I've been "knocking on wood" + "Crossing my fingers" and "holding my breath" because this year had been relatively painless as far as RV repairs until yesterday.

In preparation for the next trip I was in the coach checking everything out. Since it was a little cool in the RV but warmer outside I decided to run the Heat Pump. Neither front or back AC units would work, ODD I THOUGHT. Then I started checking all 120 volt, outlets worked OK. Tested power to the AC units, no power, then noticed that I couldn't get power to the washer/dryer. Checked breakers, all OK. Desperate I pulled the panel off the EMS, even though the load meter showed normal there was not power passing through the EMS relay board. Further checking, research on the internet, and finally a call to technical assist line resulted in my Board being bad.

~$400 is getting a upgrade kit shipping to my sister-in-laws where I will pick it up Friday and install.

So, I'm not as lucky as I thought I was:(
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #75

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
WOW, I'm knocking pretty hard on wood,you guys have had more than me and mine was 28 years old when i bought her and I still have not had that many problems My last and only big break down was my gennie just up and quit, this summer, $450.00 Bucks I really feel lucky.
Sorry,Tim
spritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 07:59 AM   #76

Corkscrew, thought wife was going to have a fit!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #77

Rexhall Owners Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliej View Post
If your going to farm out some repairs, the black tank would be the one I would farm out.
DId just that. $2400 for new tank.
garyb1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2014, 09:12 AM   #78

After 4 years of constant use ( I keep the coach plugged in at home and 5 months of snowbirding each year ) the original equipment convertor/charger died.
In those 4 years of ownership, total repairs, are still less than 1/4 the price of the extended warranty, the dealer wanted me to buy.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:10 PM   #79

Winegaurd crank handle long day of tailgating went to bring down the antennae and went alittle to far new on arrived today 10 bucks.
middleman210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 08:58 AM   #80

The crank handle on the TV antenna. While putting it down the entire thing just came apart. Looks like there is this tiny hex screw that needs tightened to keep it on. Now why don't they use materials that is easy to see and handle for our older eyes...

With luck we can fix it if not gotta buy a new part. Sighs...
usplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 11:52 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by usplus View Post
The crank handle on the TV antenna. While putting it down the entire thing just came apart. Looks like there is this tiny hex screw that needs tightened to keep it on. Now why don't they use materials that is easy to see and handle for our older eyes...

With luck we can fix it if not gotta buy a new part. Sighs...

New one is only ten dollars
middleman210 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brake