Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2017, 03:17 PM   #43

AWOL, Cash spent = income = taxes.
There is more than one way to skin a cat........
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzbill View Post
AWOL, Cash spent = income = taxes.
There is more than one way to skin a cat........
Not exactly sure what you mean. But in my case all long term capital gains or qualified dividends taxed at 0% on any gain if I sell.
awol50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by OWV View Post
An excellent, constructive response as were the responses from cruzbill and Honwing. Thank you. Would any of you care to share what you paid for your warranties along with the period covered and the deductible? Claims administration is obviously a big deal as well as the payout on claims. Also, the amount of time the shop has to spend talking to the warranty company. I read one post that the warranty company wanted the shop to call after each step they took to diagnosis a problem. I wonder why Wholesale switched companies. Something to ask when I talk to one of their reps. Again, great responses. Thank you.

Regards,
In the end I went with RV Care from RVIS, which is what MHSRV was selling. Unbeknownst to me at the time, the agent I used to get my RV insurance quote also worked at RVIS, although I think insurance and extended warranty are different parts of the company.

I was planning to go with Wholesale Warranty, but in the end more for convenience I opted to go with RV Care. The exclusions seemed the same. They both pay for mobile techs. RV Care was zero deductible. Both were refundable (prorated) and transferable.

I figured that more than likely I won't keep my ACE very long. I figured I would either decided RV'ng isn't for me (I now think that is unlikely) or will trade it in sooner than later on a different coach, but with Thor's reputation for quality, or lack there of, I decided to get a policy just in case.

Edit. I don't have handy what I paid for mine, but when I was originally planning to by a Thor Vegas, the quote was $3777 for 6 years, unlimited miles. On the slightly more expensive ace, it was a few dollars more, but still under $4,000 (just don't remember exactly what).
tnedator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 06:07 PM   #46

I went with Wholesale Waranty. I waited until about a month before the Thor Waranty ran out. Wholesale Warranty sent an inspector to my house to check the RV, which only took about an hour. I got the warranty for 6 years and I think cost me around $4200. with a $100. deductible. I haven't had to use it yet, but I like that it's there if I need it.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 10:11 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
I went with Wholesale Waranty. I waited until about a month before the Thor Waranty ran out. Wholesale Warranty sent an inspector to my house to check the RV, which only took about an hour. I got the warranty for 6 years and I think cost me around $4200. with a $100. deductible. I haven't had to use it yet, but I like that it's there if I need it.
I just checked as I was curious what the quote I got from Wholesale on my 2018 ACE 30.3. While I went with a different plan, mostly convenience as I think the Wholesale Warranty was a little better, here's the info for anyone else looking.

My quote was 7 years/70000 miles and $200 deductible and it was $3,914.

So, deductible isn't the same, but effectively these are the same plan, because as I mentioned in a previous post, you don't really "lose" that year of factory warranty, because in reality my 7 year was a 6 year warranty starting when the factory warranty expired (although I think during the factory warranty they might cover a mobile tech call).

You can see that my 7 year and your 6 year are virtually the same price. My quote was for a bit less, not sure if that has to do with difference in coach or the 200 vs. 100 deductible, but basically the same.

The reason I mention this was for the people that were afraid they would be throwing away a year of warranty if they got it day one vs when their factory warranty expired. You really aren't, because they basically give you that worthless year of coverage for free or said another way, give you an extra year (7 years vs 6) when you get the extended warranty on the brand new coach.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:54 AM   #48

Just don't get the extended warranty from the dealer. They will add a big profit for themselves. My dealer tried hard to get me to go with the Good Sam warranty for the low low price of $10,000. They try to put the cost into the finance, so that way it seems like just a few buck more and doesn't sound to bad, till I asked them how much the total cost would be. Then they told me if I went with another warranty company then they wouldn't service my coach. But the joke is on them, this dealer is a 100 miles from me and I wasn't planning to go there for work anyway. Plus it's a Camping World, so enuff said about that.
Dippytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:31 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippytwo View Post
Just don't get the extended warranty from the dealer. They will add a big profit for themselves. My dealer tried hard to get me to go with the Good Sam warranty for the low low price of $10,000. They try to put the cost into the finance, so that way it seems like just a few buck more and doesn't sound to bad, till I asked them how much the total cost would be. Then they told me if I went with another warranty company then they wouldn't service my coach. But the joke is on them, this dealer is a 100 miles from me and I wasn't planning to go there for work anyway. Plus it's a Camping World, so enuff said about that.
My sister just bought a new coach. Dealer was selling extended warranty for 11,000 and a comparable wholesale warranties plan was 5,000. The wholesale was actually a bit better because it was unlimited miles, paid for consequential damage, mobile tech, etc.

I think the dealer one was US Warranty or something like that.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:12 AM   #50

Winnebago Owners Club
I am researching dealers to purchase Extraride extended warranty. Came across a company called Eagle Vision selling Extraride also other extended warranty providers. I have had good experience with Extraride so sticking with them on our new RV. Just wondering if anyone have had any experience with Eagle Vision
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:33 PM   #51

Fleetwood Owners Club
Curious as to what's the opinion of Good Sam Extended warranty?

When we got our coach, I transferred the previous coverage to the new coach.

Old one was with Coach Net and I just discovered it has expired.

Appreciate the input.
Old 08-07-2018, 09:16 PM   #52

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excursion04 View Post
I am researching dealers to purchase Extraride extended warranty. Came across a company called Eagle Vision selling Extraride also other extended warranty providers. I have had good experience with Extraride so sticking with them on our new RV. Just wondering if anyone have had any experience with Eagle Vision
I have used Eagle Vision and I referred a friend to Eagle Vision. I bought Protective's XtraRide through them and very pleased with the price and service. My representative was Billy Lewis.

Firestone Airbags, Hellwig front/rear Anti-Sway Bars,
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 08:20 PM   #53

If you own a used coach, you should not be looking at an “Extended Warranty.” You should purchase an EXTENDED SERVICE PLAN. Contrary to popular opinion, they are NOT the same!

I have had a Good Sam Extended Service Plan for four years. The cost is right around $4,400 per year on a 2006 coach on a Freightliner XCR chassis. In every year so far they have paid out more in repairs than I have paid in! Just a few months ago the turbo was replaced. It had started leaking oil into the air intake due to a failing turbo shaft seal. That job alone was $5,800! My out-of-pocket cost on this job was less than $100.

Later this month the coach will go in for a slide repair. This Extended Service Plan plan will cover most of the cost of this repair.

Obviously I’m on the “winning” side of this so far, and I am the exception. If everyone had my same experience, this Good Sam plan wouldn’t be around long. Every company in this business counts on people either not using the plan they paid for because they forgot they had it (it has happened) or not accumulating repairs that cost more than the fee.
A Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 10:20 AM   #54

Tiffin Owners Club
Appreciate your cogent comments about extended warranties/service plans. Our 2018 Allegro Red factory warranty ends this month (Feb 2019), we are looking at three plans: Good Sam, Wholesale Warranty and RVIS (based on your comment about them). Did you happen to look at Good Sam perchance?
Again thank you for your input.
lzucconi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:26 AM   #55

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lzucconi View Post
Appreciate your cogent comments about extended warranties/service plans. Our 2018 Allegro Red factory warranty ends this month (Feb 2019), we are looking at three plans: Good Sam, Wholesale Warranty and RVIS (based on your comment about them). Did you happen to look at Good Sam perchance?
Again thank you for your input.
Had a limited experience with GS, what I didn’t like about them was waiting for their inspector to do an on site inspection to approve the repair which would drag on the repair job. I had protective extended warranty on our 2004 fleetwood, had at least 3 major service repairs one while in Canada all were taken care of in timely fashion. I purchased the same warranty on 2013 Winnebag Tour. I am very happy with them!!
Excursion04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:43 AM   #56

Workhorse Chassis Owner
To ZZZ, the OP.........what is the latest ?

Tags
extended warranty, warranty