Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-30-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Where to put FMCA "egg"

I got my membership package from FMCA today with two "eggs" (FMCA member number plaque). I don't particularly want to attach this to the front of the MH. I see these on the rear ladders, but never noticed how they were attached. Can you give me ideas, preferably with pics, about where you display your "egg"? Thanks!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-30-2015, 03:56 PM   #2

Can you explain the benefits of being a member?
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:03 PM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I joined for two reasons.

First, I bought two Michelin tires through the Advantage program at a much better price than I could find anywhere else.

Secondly, I found out that if I die across the country somewhere, they will get my body AND my MH back home at no cost to my wife!

I'm sure there are other good benefits that I haven't discovered yet, but those two were more than enough to get me to join!
Old 06-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
I bought mounts from Kiley molds for the hard plastic egg's. On the Dutch Star I used the stick on mounts on the front and then used the rubber insulated pipe holders for the ladder mounts.
With the Magna I have no rear ladder and bought suction cups to mount the front one inside the windshield. Still considering the rear mount as I also don't want to just stick them to the paint!
The magazine, repatriation, rallies (just got back Sunday from the Coos Bay one) and tire program do it for me, plus my parents got their membership in 1983 when they bought their Foretravel.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
I got my membership package from FMCA today with two "eggs" (FMCA member number plaque). I don't particularly want to attach this to the front of the MH. I see these on the rear ladders, but never noticed how they were attached. Can you give me ideas, preferably with pics, about where you display your "egg"? Thanks!
I just used some zip ties to secure it to the ladder. I think you gotta pay a little extra for the fancy metal ones. Those have some obvious mourning brackets so I suspect you have the regular ones like myself. I don't have any pics on me, but basically run a longish zip tie thru each of the holes around the vertical ladder rails. I use a ladder step sort of as a rest as well. Looks good, stays put. Only downside, i guess is it makes for a rung skip going up the ladder, but its on a lower one so its easy to go from bumper to the rung above it.
RVLikeIts-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:10 PM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
I bought mounts from Kiley molds for the hard plastic egg's. On the Dutch Star I used the stick on mounts on the front and then used the rubber insulated pipe holders for the ladder mounts.
With the Magna I have no rear ladder and bought suction cups to mount the front one inside the windshield. Still considering the rear mount as I also don't want to just stick them to the paint!
The magazine, repatriation, rallies (just got back Sunday from the Coos Bay one) and tire program do it for me, plus my parents got their membership in 1983 when they bought their Foretravel.

Thanks, looks like that will do the job! Does anyone have a DIY mount? I'm the kind of guy that thinks there must be an easy way!
Old 06-30-2015, 04:21 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When we ordered our "egg" they also had stand-off mounts available for putting the plaque on the rear ladder. Allows you to mount the plaque on the ladder but holds it between the ladder and the coach so it doesn't block the step. We tried the zip-tie which works but as said blocks part of the ladder.

Looks like the web store is down right now but you could try calling them and seeing if they are still available.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:23 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVLola View Post
Can you explain the benefits of being a member?
MS Happy Camper explains a couple of benefits, but as a member for a couple years, the biggest benefit to me is their magazine is nice to read. Keeps me going in between RV trips.

My RV club is an FMCA club so i had to join, had it not been, probably wouldn't have. I am a little younger than most RVers (36). I have found FMCA to be more geared towards the retired crowd. Having two little ones under 6, I've yet to see a FMCA motorhome with someone in my similar family situation. We look, kind of a spot the endangered species game in the RV parks of Florida. (We don't count grandkids out for the weekend with grandma & grandpa.)

They are an exclusive "motorhome" club which i find to be the main reason for the lack of younger families, as younger families tend to be more into the travel trailer/5th wheel thing.

In conclusion, I'm not knocking them for what they are, maybe just that I don't really fit into their niche.
RVLikeIts-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:

If you go to the FMCA wed site you can order a ladder clamp on kit. It is plastic easy to install without any tools. Did you get an order card with your kit? Should have been an order form with it.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVLikeIts-99 View Post
... younger families tend to be more into the travel trailer/5th wheel thing.
And folding trailers, or PopUps! That's what we used in our 30's-40's.

The vast majority of young families actually camp in tents! Can you imagine that?!
BeachDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:45 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks, looks like that will do the job! Does anyone have a DIY mount? I'm the kind of guy that thinks there must be an easy way!
Joe..... Just pick up a couple of round SS cable clamps, either rubber insulated or fully coated, sized for your ladder. Any good hardware will have several different types. Sorry for the blurry pic of my ladder-- you can only blow these up so much.
Attached Images

2004 Element
JFXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:20 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Double sided foam tape. Holds like iron if the surfaces are clean but doesn't hurt the paint. Mounted mine under the ladder on the back. None on the front.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:24 AM   #13
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVLikeIts-99 View Post
MS Happy Camper explains a couple of benefits, but as a member for a couple years, the biggest benefit to me is their magazine is nice to read. Keeps me going in between RV trips.

My RV club is an FMCA club so i had to join, had it not been, probably wouldn't have. I am a little younger than most RVers (36). I have found FMCA to be more geared towards the retired crowd. Having two little ones under 6, I've yet to see a FMCA motorhome with someone in my similar family situation. We look, kind of a spot the endangered species game in the RV parks of Florida. (We don't count grandkids out for the weekend with grandma & grandpa.)

They are an exclusive "motorhome" club which i find to be the main reason for the lack of younger families, as younger families tend to be more into the travel trailer/5th wheel thing.

In conclusion, I'm not knocking them for what they are, maybe just that I don't really fit into their niche.

Hey, just hang in there! You're gonna grow up some day!
Old 07-01-2015, 10:26 AM   #14
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denniscw View Post
If you go to the FMCA wed site you can order a ladder clamp on kit. It is plastic easy to install without any tools. Did you get an order card with your kit? Should have been an order form with it.

Yeah, I just hadn't read through the materials before posting! I found the order sheet!