RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-26-2020, 09:57 PM   #1

Who advertises on RVtrader and RVT

OK folks here's the situation. I have sold my house so I'll be shopping for an RV real soon. I've been following RVtrader.com fairly regularly for the last few months or more. RVT not so much but it seems like there are certain dealers that don't advertise on those sites. Is this my imagination or not. If it's not my imagination who are some of the dealers that don't use those sites? Thanks in advance.
arcaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2020, 11:32 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Most use both, some one or the other. I used both when I sold my Bay Star. But when Iím looking for something specific and want to find the ones out there on the net but not on the RV trader sites, I just do a google search on the make and model Iíve found some nice coaches that way that werenít on the RV sites. Unfortunately you find a lot of useless stuff too like sold units, and dealers that donít have that model but have strong google push. But itís worth the effort. It also gives you links to a specific search for that make/model on the trader sites.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:24 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

There are probably a lot of smaller RV dealers scattered across the USA who don't advertise on those sites, or maybe do so only occasionally. The bigger guys seeking a national or regional audience probably do, but maybe not consistently. For example, I don't see ALL the Camping World locations represented there. Nor do I see the entire inventory of major dealers such as Lazydays or PPL.

If you are looking for a particular model or floor plan or year, you will want to cast your net wider than just those two sites.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #4

Yep I'm looking for a particular model, they're not real popular and I've only seen probably 10 or 12 used ones over the last year. I may wind up going new but we'll have to see. I don't like some of the stuff they've done to the newer models but I think I can special order what I need. I'll keep the Lazy Daze and PPL in mind as I don't think I've seen them on either of those sites. Thanks.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:44 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
In a year of looking on the net and saving searches on the trader sites, I saw exactly two Ventana 3427s for sale both in the same week and I pounced on the better on the day it was advertised. That model was only made in 2016 so there are not a lot around. Since I bought mine I still haven’t seen any more advertised.

I guess the 3427 wasn’t a popular floor plan either but it was exactly what I was looking for - walk through bath and a longer couch in a short coach. I also got lucky and found a high option one with a lot of very nice interior upgrades. Don’t know what you’re looking for, but on the plus side you probably won’t have a lot of competition for an unpopular model. Now you have me curious....

I felt the same way you do. I like the New Aire 3341 for a short coach in this floor plan but it weights almost 5000lbs more with the same drive train, and the 3541 would be a dream coach for me except that I didn’t want an all electric coach, and I’m not a fan of all the overly complex and problematic electronics on these rigs.

So I ended up with an interior that is exactly what I wanted and a slightly under powered drive train but for less than half the cost of a used 3341 and from what I’m seeing now, there are so many issues with enough New Aires that I’m glad I steered clear, even though I still envy the ISL in the 3541.

Another issue with the new coaches is the bigger furniture and slides, which are nice when set up but nearly eliminate floor space while traveling. I’m sure they read the tea leaves and designed these coaches for the target market, but like the 2016 3427, I guess I’m an odd-ball and had to find my odd-ball coach. And I’m learning to drive an ISB coach - just have to plan ahead for any hills or acceleration because it’s slow to respond but it will do the job.

Good luck with your search - I’d be interested to know what you’re looking for.
Old 09-27-2020, 08:55 AM   #6

I'm looking for a Nexus Wraith 35W. Either a 2019 or a 2020. In 2021 they went to a residential refrigerator which I know many people like but I'm not sure how well they boondock. I have checked and I can order an RV refrigerator on the newer models for a little over $1,800. We may go that route. I'm also not crazy about the 2021 cabinet finishes. I really like natural wood with a varnished finish and the newer ones seem to have some kind of paint on them, even if it is called glazed maple. Varnish is easy to repair from nicks and scratches and the other stuff isn't. I'll find something it may just cost more than I'd like to spend. The good thing is I have some time to look as my launch date for full timing is next spring.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:57 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Nice choice - I used to be a Dynamax fan before the take over and looked at the Nexus Super Cs before I decided to go with a Class A
Old 09-27-2020, 11:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary RVRoamer View Post
There are probably a lot of smaller RV dealers scattered across the USA who don't advertise on those sites, or maybe do so only occasionally. The bigger guys seeking a national or regional audience probably do, but maybe not consistently. For example, I don't see ALL the Camping World locations represented there. Nor do I see the entire inventory of major dealers such as Lazydays or PPL.

If you are looking for a particular model or floor plan or year, you will want to cast your net wider than just those two sites.
I think Lazy Days turns over many of their trade ins before they even get to their own website. When we traded our last class C last year on our current A, I think it sold before we drove our new one off the lot.
Teamfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 11:28 AM   #9
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
I don't know about dealers but I had really good results on RVTrader.com when we sold our 5er back in 2012! I think the trick is to post lots of pics!
MSHappyCampers is online now   Reply With Quote