Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-13-2010, 02:35 PM   #15

Workhorse Chassis Owner
foggy Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnbnd2 View Post
I also have a foggy passenger window on my Southwind rig. Just got. I live in the Bellevue, Washington area. Does anyone know where I can get it fix in my location? Sounds like it is difficult to fix myself since it is a sliding window.
-Hvnbnd2,
Saw an ad for window repair from RV Glass Solutions, they have a office in Eugene, OR and Phoenix, AZ. You might contact them, 888 777-6778 .
I also have a foggy passenger window on my Southwind.. I need to call them also.
Jack
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:34 PM   #16

Country Coach Owners Club
Unhappy Fogged Se-GI "flat style" windows

Can anyone help me w/ successful foggy SE-GI window repairs? Our 2005 Country Coach Affinity has flat style windows-- a large stationary plate glass type @ the top & smaller flip outs below. It's all one window frame. We went to Suncoast Design a couple yrs ago when they 1st started these repairs, but due to lack of experience w/ our type window, did not attempt to repair them. They were afraid they would break them getting them out of the coach. Has anyone w/ similiar windows to ours had their windows repaired successfully? Where & how long ago?
gayle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 PM   #17

hvnbnd2
Contact Dave Root Glass in Bend Oregon. He does this work, and has a mobile shop. He may be planning a trip up your way, but he is reasonable close to you.
He repaired five of my windows with bad seals. Recommend his work.
Carl Geo
CarlGeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #18

Tiffin Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspenny View Post
Hi....we have an 05 Allegro Bus with Driver and Passenger side window and now the front door are foggy....would like to repair them but don't know where to go....any suggestions
Thanks for your help......Penny and Larry from South Texas

You can take it back to the Tiffin Factory in Red Bay, Alabama. It seems there are a lot of Allegro Buses and Phaetons with foggy windows.

Good Luck,
Jon
2013 Chevy Spark Dinghy
jfran304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 AM   #19

Hi Iron Man--How'd you make out at Suncoast Design? Did you see any coaches w/ "flat" style windows being repaired while you were there? You can read my post dated 11/15/10--Gayle2
Old 11-16-2010, 09:03 AM   #20

Anyone who has fogged windows can get them repaired in Elkhart, Indiana at Duncan Systems. They have a 20 acres of parking available while being repaired. Also free transportation to the RV Hall of Fame. Factory tours are also available most of the time. For more info you can call 800-551-9149 ext 2020. Arizona and Florida will be added as fogged window repair facilities in the neer future.
duncan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 07:41 AM   #21

I was more interested to hearing results from Suncoast Design in Hudson, FL. We've been there once (see my original post) & wanted some referrals. Our windows are the flat style, not typical to most motorhomes, not mounted w/ the rubber gasket/seal design. They are Se-GI double paned in a frame. I can't believe no one w/ our style window has had a problem or responded to my post....
Old 11-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #22

We had our Se-Gi windows repaired by this company that did a great job:
Windows for Custom REcreation Vehicles - Motion Windows

You might want to give them a call and see if they can help, I'm reasonably sure they can.

Good luck, Jim

2000 Residency 3790 v10 w/tags 5 Star tune & Banks system Suzuki XL7 toad
LVJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlGeo View Post
hvnbnd2
Contact Dave Root Glass in Bend Oregon. He does this work, and has a mobile shop. He may be planning a trip up your way, but he is reasonable close to you.
He repaired five of my windows with bad seals. Recommend his work.
Carl Geo
He repaired two of my SE-Gi creepy seal windows this spring. Knows his stuff, very willing to explain it to you as he works, and the price is right. As mentioned, he is mobile and I believe he mentioned a trip through SW Snowbird haunts this winter. Google his name & get his website, bottom line, I Highly Recommend Him. And if yah don't mind joining the Safari Website, I posted a complete set of pictures of him doing my windows at each major step in his work process.
JohnQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #24

Thanks Carl Geo for that info. I will check that out.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:18 PM   #25

I meant John Q. sorry
Old 11-21-2010, 02:55 PM   #26

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Creepy Seals

Dave Root came to our location in North East Wa State early this year and repaired all of our double pane windows in one day. I would recommend him
highly. We found him and his partner to be very knowledgeable, careful, friendly, courteous, kind and reasonable.
Have fun!
Milt
Old 11-30-2010, 10:06 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnbnd2 View Post
I also have a foggy passenger window on my Southwind rig. Just got. I live in the Bellevue, Washington area. Does anyone know where I can get it fix in my location? Sounds like it is difficult to fix myself since it is a sliding window.
A number of years ago after I purchased our first motor home I fixed all of the foggy windows in a 1995 Winnebago Adventurer. I ordered new window panes from the factory and had them shipped to my house. After they arrived I removed the frame with windows from the motor home. Undid (opened) the frame, removed the bad pane, put in the new pane, closed the frame, and put the frame back into the motor home. I did one window at a time. It did not matter if it was the slider pane or the fixed pane. I did about 6 or 7 windows. I think evey window in the motor home had one foggy pane. It was not a difficult process, just time consuming. I did 2 or 3 windows per Saturday. The foggy panes go into the garbage can. If I remember correctly I did them all for about $750.00. The hardest part was trying to figure out who the original supplier/manufacturer was to Winnebago. I can give you the blow by blow details of changing them out if this is the route you choose.
I have never responed to anything before so I don't know how to send you an email direct or how to have you send me one unless I post it in a message.
Benson
BDKrull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 01:09 PM   #28

Newmar Owners Club
Just got finished having the driver's window fixed at Suncoast Designers in Hudson, Florida and was very satisfied. They are a residential/commercial window company. Remove window take apart, clean panes in special washing machine, reassemble with new seals and install in motorhome. If the panes are etched and cannot be cleaned they carry common replacment sizes panes. Price is very competitive, $250 for drivers window other sliders are $200. They give you a 5 year prorated warranty. They have been repairing rv windows for 3 1/2 years and have no returns.
2015 GMC Seirra
Iron Man is offline   Reply With Quote