Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2020, 04:05 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Windshield cover

I finally got an answer to my question that I was asking. I was looking for the cover for my Renegade Veracruz built on Ford 550 cab and chassis. Tried several places but could not find one listed except for 450/350 Ford. Asked everyone if the dimensions of windshield was the same on 550 but no one could answer me, strange but true. Finally went to my repair guy, RV Masters in Houston, and the consensus was it was. So ordered one and waiting on it to see if it fits, keeping fingers crossed. Any of you guys out there know the answer, let me know.
sailor53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2020, 09:59 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ford 550 chassis cab IS the same as F450/F550
All ford cabs are the same on super duty's
avfordguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 09:10 AM   #3

All you had to do was call a windshield replacement shop and ask if the windshields were the same.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:21 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by avfordguy View Post
Ford 550 chassis cab IS the same as F450/F550
All ford cabs are the same on super duty's

Thanks for the verification, that is what I finally found out. Even Ford parts couldn’t answer the question. I was totally floored.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:22 AM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
All you had to do was call a windshield replacement shop and ask if the windshields were the same.

Didn’t think of that, figured the companies that sell the covers would have the knowledge🤪🤪🤪
Old 04-20-2020, 03:56 PM   #6

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor53 View Post
Didn’t think of that, figured the companies that sell the covers would have the knowledge🤪🤪🤪

So got the cover I ordered yesterday and tried to put it on today. Unfortunately it didn’t fit my coach! I am so frustrated by this. Finally got in touch with the place I bought the rig and was told that the 550 is a truck cab not a van or pickup and no one makes exterior shield for it. Go figure🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 I was told to go to Weathertech to get an interior sun shield for entire cab. Ordered but no promises from them if it will fit...time will tell
Old 04-21-2020, 07:11 AM   #7

These folks will make a custom cover for you from a pattern that you make for them. Their web site has instructions for making the pattern. If you call them, they are very helpful and make a quality product.

https://sunpromfg.com/class-c-windshield-cover/
Sherpa Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2020, 10:14 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherpa Vern View Post
These folks will make a custom cover for you from a pattern that you make for them. Their web site has instructions for making the pattern. If you call them, they are very helpful and make a quality product.

https://sunpromfg.com/class-c-windshield-cover/

Thanks for that information, I will look into it
Old 04-24-2020, 07:39 AM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Magna shade

For my coach they did not have my windshield pattern. They sent me a pattern maker kit basically a large sheet of brown paper with instructions. it took me and a friend maybe an hour to do. A few weeks later i had my shades that fit perfectly.

They are on the costly side but well worth the money. Give them a call and see if something can be done.

https://www.magneshade.com
bruce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:25 PM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Sunpro does not have template yet for the 550
Old 04-25-2020, 06:32 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce91 View Post
For my coach they did not have my windshield pattern. They sent me a pattern maker kit basically a large sheet of brown paper with instructions. it took me and a friend maybe an hour to do. A few weeks later i had my shades that fit perfectly.

They are on the costly side but well worth the money. Give them a call and see if something can be done.

https://www.magneshade.com

+1 I had to make a tracing for the side windows for them.
TCollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 08:59 PM   #12

Why don't you do something like this?

I bought a 1/4" black rubber workout mat on Amazon, made a cardboard template and then cut it to size and strapped it to our toad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1-windshield-cover.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	179.0 KB
ID:	283459  
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, wind, windshield