Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2007, 05:18 AM   #15
paz

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Does Prompt have the inside screens? I think I am more interested on the inside screens.
Bob, are you doing the inside or outside screens ... and why are you getting the ones you plan on getting? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
To my knowledge, Prompt does not have inside screens. If you are looking for pull-down front and side windshield sun visors, check RVUpgrades. Scroll down to the bottom half of the page.
paz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2007, 08:34 AM   #16

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
MonacoMama
Try RV Upgrades as they do have the inside screens. I just purchased them for my coach and they work real well. Easy to install and remove.
They use suction cups for installing.

2017 Forest River Heritage Glen Lite 34' Travel Trailer
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:45 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I have had the suction cup inside screens. They are not what I want to do again. I don't know if it is because of the No.Ca interior valley heat...but the suction cups don't work that well for us.

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:28 AM   #18

Texas Boomers Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
I have had the suction cup inside screens. They are not what I want to do again. I don't know if it is because of the No.Ca interior valley heat...but the suction cups don't work that well for us. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MonacoMana, here is the website for MCD:
http://www.mcd-rv.com/

This is the company Bob was refering to "meeting the owner" in his previous post in this forum. This company is very near my home in McKinney, Texas. They are a VERY HIGH LINE manufacturer of sun screens for Luxury RV's and they are very proud of their products ($$$). I have their sun screens and I can tell you they are EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY. If you bring your RV to their Facilities in McKinney they will CUSTOM fabricate and install exactly what you want - including the motorized sun screens.

Glenn
Old 02-19-2007, 03:22 AM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Since we were originally talking about "outside screens" let me say this. You can put up a Prompt screen setup without a ladder and your feet never leave the ground. These screens are patented, they fit, and they are just about tornado and hurricane proof.

Just about everyone makes screens that you can snap on your coach. In my experience I saw a late 60 to 70 year old person climbing a ladder to install sun screens. I'm telling myself that this can't be good and to walk away.

Once a long time ago in a land far far away, I installed snap devices in my coach however now given the choice - one thing that I did not want to do is install snaps on the surface of my coach.

When I work my display area folks are constantly approaching me about my Prompt RV Sunscreen setup.

Confirming my earlier post, "If you are attending the FMCA Convention in Perry, GA,

Bill Rex, Vice-President of Prompt RV Sunscreen said, "I will give them some additional "SHOW SPECIAL" at the rally.

Your discount code is.... "iRV2.com
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 05:15 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Thanks, Driver... I figured
outside screens =snaps and no snaps will be put on the outside of our Dip either. GUess I may have to look at the Prompt screen after all.

Thanks for the tip on Ga rally... but we are on West coast.. BUT I think any show I go to I will say "Is this with the IRV2 discount?" !!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 06:23 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
BUT I think any show I go to I will say "Is this with the IRV2 discount?" !! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>There you go MonacoMama, I'd like all the vendors that we see offer our members a discount.

There is however only one vendor that I know of that does not offer a discount because they have "every-day" lowest prices and that's RVUpgrades.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 09:52 AM   #22

Mid Atlantic Campers
tell him you know Mike and he will ad 10%.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 06:08 AM   #23

Bump

Cummins/Allison
HarveyP is offline   Reply With Quote