Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > MH-General Discussions & Problems
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #1

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Windshield wiper cleaner hose

My windshield wiper cleaning hose end attachment keeps coming off the windshield wiper and the cleaner will not spray in the right direction. I really did not want to glue because I might have to replace the hose at some point.
I thought about placing a little silicone around the edge being careful not to plug the hose cleaner openings. I have tried adjusting the hose tension and that does not seem to help. Any suggestions ................. Thanks ..........
TXredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #2
KIX

Look around this site. You might find the part you need. Good luck
Stepvan Replacement Parts for Walkin Vans
KIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you have any slack in the hose, take a pair of sharp scissors and cut 1/4 of an inch off, and push it back on. Sometimes the hose will get loose from age. This should work for you, JMHO, good luck.
David G.
justimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:26 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Our "hose end attachment" was doing the same. The hose seems to "tighten" up by receeding back into the chassis.
Pull some hose out so that it isn't tight with the end piece attached. Use some small 3-4 inch nylon ties to augment the plastic "straps" provided by the mfg. Might put a dab of silicone at each new tie (it should easily come off when hose is pulled from the metal channel)
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:11 AM   #5

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Not wanting to highjack this post, but I am working on this part on my 83 Pace Arrow so I have a relating question.

The hoses on my wiper arm are different, and not know which is correct the first is cut off at the tip of the slot at the top of the wiper arm, and the other overlap it by a couple inches, which is correct. I just added a windshield washer unit, and when I get it all installed I would prefer to know which is correct before hand.

Also I need to replace the barbed washer hose connection that come from the underside and attached to the hose that connects to the wiper arm, does any one have a supplier for these parts?
Old 01-17-2011, 06:15 AM   #6

what about a dab of finger nail polish
whem2fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #7
KIX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartvines View Post
does any one have a supplier for these parts?

Look at previous posts in this thread by KIX. Go to the site mentioned and you'll find parts like you described
Old 01-18-2011, 05:50 AM   #8

Vintage RV Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KIX View Post
Look at previous posts in this thread by KIX. Go to the site mentioned and you'll find parts like you described

Thanks I did look and they do not have the one I need the one they sell has a nozzle on the tip not the barb I need to attached the tube for the wet wiper
Old 01-18-2011, 08:30 AM   #9
KIX

They really carry a lot of wiper parts. Maybe a call to them would produce some results for your part.
Old 01-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Hi TXredfish,
If you are talking about the plastic end that fastens to the wiper arm and provides the spray to the windshield, I have had the same problem on my Newmar coach. Consider not purchasing a new part. It will also break. It seems the tabs that keep the attachment in pace are very weak.

I put a drop (I do mean a drop) of instant glue on the part and refastened it to the wiper arm. They have been on over 2 years now. One can still replace the tubing without affecting the attachment end.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #11

I did the same as Gary in the post above did --- the little tabs that keep the spray attachment on the wiper broke on mine also --- a spot of glue and it now stays in place.