We have a 6.2 Gal Atwood water heater that just went up in smoke!
Is anyone aware there is a shut-off switch on the front of the heater? I have a seperate shut-off switch in the electric control panel at the front of the MH. There was no clearance between the switch and the wiring contacts to the heating element and over time the switch wore thru a very thin plastic or paper covering the contacts.
The only way you would even be aware of this situation is if you took the cover off of the wiring connection and visually looked at the wiring. I don't want to alarm everyone, but it is a situation to be aware of, especially if you smell wiring burning and can't find the source.
NOT a good experience!