This has happened to me twice now and I can't figure out what's going on. This weekend while camping at a local park, I began having issues with my 50 amp pedestal. At first, I wasn't sure what was going on. I saw a lamp in the bedroom go off, then come back on. Everything else seemed fine. It wasn't until my better half mentioned she had to keep resetting the clock on the convection that it hit me that I might be losing one leg of my 50 amp. So, I checked my surge protector and sure enough, only one side was lit. So I switched it over to the 30 amp plug with a dogbone and that problem was resolved.
I contacted the park office about the pedestal. Sunday morning around 9 the maintenance guy came over and said he was going to shut down the power and replace the breaker. He replaced the breaker, tested everything and I plugged back into the 50 amp side. My surge protector showed all good. I go back inside and hear a constant beeping, like a truck backing up. I opened my inverter compartment and found my Xantrex was beeping with a code E03 on the display. E03 means AC Output Overload Shutdown. I checked the manual and it said to turn off anything connected to the inverter. Well folks, the only things connected are my TVs and they were already off. So, I shut the inverter down and restarted it. Same thing. I finally silenced the alarm and went for coffee.
A while later, I read through the entire manual and checked all the settings to make sure everything was correct. I decided to check my batteries. Well, they were low on water. I have a battery fill kit on these and check them about every two weeks. When I say they were low, they took quite a bit of distilled water.
Anyway, that didn't fix the issue either. And, I noticed the batteries were not charging (which I guess makes sense because the inverter/charger was basically shut down). At that point, I started the engine and let the alternator run a bit to bring the house batteries back up. No change.
About 4 hours later, I decided to dig into it again and when I opened the inverter door, I hear a fan. Panel displays everything is normal, and my batteries are fully charged.