Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2021, 10:52 PM   #1

20,000 pound hitch. Large receiver hole

Interesting question. I had a my face plate installed today at camping world. When we went to try everything the issue came up that my hitch hole was too big for my pin that holds the toe bar in place. As it sits I need an adapter to reduce the hitch from 2.5 inch to 2 inch which I have.

Camping world says if I put the regular pin in there will be too much slop and the pin will bend and become weaker and maybe break

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0049.JPG
Views:	32
Size:	506.9 KB
ID:	352543

The hitch is on a 2022 Foretravel Realm 605.

They would not allow the hook up due to these concerns and are recommending a different adapter that will better fit. One that reduces the receiver hole and then extends with a normal size hole for the pin so there is no slop. Anyone run into this issue ?

Running a knight hawk falcon tow bar.

Tomorrow I’ll call Foretravel but was hoping for an experienced answer.

Thanks

Tom
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2021, 08:13 AM   #2

if you're close to a Northern tool they carry those
Old 12-30-2021, 08:32 AM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Ran into a similar issue on our Cornerstone on delivery. We ran a Roadmaster Sterling bar on our 5k tow limited gasser and were shifting it over to our new 20K unit. Our receiver pin hole had the same diameter as the tow bar and the adapter so the pin was a good fit however.

I would agree that you don't want slop in the pin engagement. Foretravel may have a recommendation, but the CW solution doesn't sound unreasonable either.
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #4

Ok. Only to help others and admit that I ( and camping world) are not the smartest in the room I confess that the big hole in picture is only cosmetic and there’s a small hole in the actual coach hitch. They thought the small hole was from the adapter. I only realized it when I called Foretravel and they asked me to double check.

I don’t drink, but maybe I can blame it on turning 60 soon?
Tmyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 09:42 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Better safe than sorry, and kudos for posting your solution. you will help others.

Enjoy you rig!

Cheers,
j
New2road is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch