Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #29

Alpine Owners Club
Blue Ribbon, we just purchased a '08 Vue AWD V6 and have towed it twice. The fuse is the "IGN SW", the owners manual explains which one it is. When removed it appears to disconnect everything associated with the ignition. The key in the ignition "bong" stops immediately, the dash goes dark. I intend to make a fuse and switch combo I can mount so that I can simply throw the switch and be ready to roll, it should be real simple.
DrDaveMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-18-2008, 07:02 AM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Follow up.

Yesterday, Friday, we had to bring the vehicle to Saturn of Florence, SC for a few items one being a recall for the OLM system.

My driver's side door handle broke somehow and occasionally the door wouldn't latch closed unless I opened the window and moved the pull bar off of the key ring trim. The handle was shifting a few hundreds of an inch and getting hung up. No problem new handle coming.

On our way up to Florence, Colleen began to hear a weird noise which we came to find out was a rear axle bearing which for no reason failed and began to growl. How convenient -- heading toward dealership! No problem wheel bearing on order and coming.

Recall for the OLM no problem.

I asked about a new set of wipers expecting an immense bill however I was told that the wipers would be covered up to 12,000 miles under warranty. Free wipers.

My salesman presented me with an adjustable cargo net device which clips into the cargo compartment in back of the car. No charge! I can see that it's going to work very nicely in holding groceries from falling out of the tailgate when I open it. If its not needed there is a purposefully notched slot for the cargo net assembly below the deck.

Prior to departing the service department we were told that all the parts were ordered next day for Saturday delivery. I am expecting a call from the service department at any moment telling me to come and pick up our car. Bad part its raining -- Yuk!

Saturn made available a Hertz rental car for us which they are paying for -- through the weekend if necessary.

All in all it would seem that this is going to be a good service experience especially with the parts being ordered next day for a Saturday am delivery and the car being returned to us on Saturday.

Before we left the dealership yesterday they replaced a piece of pin stripe that has a little nick in it and the washed and vacuumed out the car and applied tire dressing. I guess that they are shooting for that "Completely Satisfied Rating" from the after service rating department. previously when I had my oil changed at Hadwyn White GMC here in Conway, an after service evaluation company hit me with 10 questions about my service experience. I had stated that we thought the service took a little longer than we expected and they apologized profusely.

So far continuing to be a GM customer is working out. We'll keep you informed.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
We went and picked up the car and all is well! Purchased gas on SC Highway 74 @ $2.59 on the way home.
Old 11-07-2008, 07:21 PM   #32

Based on the posts about the Saturn VUE FWD, I purchased a 2009 model yesterday. Since Blue OX doesn't show a base plate for the 09, I called them and was told they were bringing in a 09 for measurements and should have a plate in a month or so. My local Saturn Dealer told me that the base plate for the 08 should fit. I still have my 2000 Jepp Cherokee with a Remco drive shaft release so I can wait awhile. I kept the jeep to tow my boat. The Satturn appears to be a great vehicle but it will not pull my 4000# boat. The only thing I don't like about the Saturn is the requirement to pull the ignition fuse before towing. The fuse box is inside the vehicle on the passenger side just below the dash. I hope I can find a work around for that.

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 05:41 PM   #33
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phrog Driver:
The only thing I don't like about the Saturn is the requirement to pull the ignition fuse before towing. The fuse box is inside the vehicle on the passenger side just below the dash. I hope I can find a work around for that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Phrog Driver, It's just a 2A fuse and you can make an in-line switch for it real easily and still fuse it with an in-line mini-fuse holder. All you need do is toggle the switch and you're good to go.

You may also want to look up the install I accomplished on the 2008 Vue in regards to the SMI Duo. Fits so nicely under the hood that it almost looks like it belongs there.