Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #43

I've had my 2011 GC since Aug. V8, limited, lux pkg. It's sweet. Have about 3000 miles on it so far. I only get to drive it on weekends :( It is like night and day compared to our 2002 GC. Transfer case does have a neutral setting. It is AWD as there is no 2WD setting like the old ones. Heated and cool seats are nice. Baby will get up and move! Get about 16-18 in the city and 22-24 on the hiway.

Carl
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2010, 09:34 AM   #44
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerrs View Post
But the "old Chrysler" was owned by Daimler for years. It was supposed to be a merger which turned into Daimler trying to take it over. This led to most if not all of it's problems in the last few years, in-fighting within the corporation. The management was too busy fighting one another to actually run the company and do what was neccessary. Benz knows it's high end cars and does them well, but they just had no real understanding of the American bread and butter market.
M-B took Chrysler over right from the beginning. Never was a Merger, as far as I understand it... I think M-B lost a lot of money in this deal. Somebody was happy, that FIAT jumped in later.
I sure loved my 59 Chrysler NEW YORKER and the 440 in my CONCORD Motorhome. I was nuts about Chrysler products.

TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:13 AM   #45

Daimler still owns a piece of Chrysler and Freightliner Custom Chassis owners can still get a discount.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:13 PM   #46

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyJC View Post
Tommy,

Congratulations - this is certainly quite an improvement from the January 2011 delivery date you were originally quoted!! Did you wind up with the 430N entertainment/nav system?

Waiting for pics.....

Rusty
Yes, it beats January by a long shot! Had to go with the 430 since the new 730 will no be available until January. I'd rather take the 430 than wait 3 more months.
Parkerrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 12:18 PM   #47

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by loranimal View Post
I've had my 2011 GC since Aug. V8, limited, lux pkg. It's sweet. Have about 3000 miles on it so far. I only get to drive it on weekends :( It is like night and day compared to our 2002 GC. Transfer case does have a neutral setting. It is AWD as there is no 2WD setting like the old ones. Heated and cool seats are nice. Baby will get up and move! Get about 16-18 in the city and 22-24 on the hiway.

Carl
Glad to hear it Carl. That sounds about like the mileage on my wife's '09 Dodge Daytona charger with hemi. That's what I'm hoping for with this unit.

Carl, does the steering column lock or is it like the new Wranglers with no steering lock? I'm wondering due to using it for a toad. I'd like to be able to use the push-button start and not utilize the key for unlocking the steering.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:46 PM   #48

Angry 2011 GC hit already!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkerrs View Post
Carl, does the steering column lock or is it like the new Wranglers with no steering lock? I'm wondering due to using it for a toad. I'd like to be able to use the push-button start and not utilize the key for unlocking the steering.

Steering does not lock.

As an added note... the back end is tougher then it looks. Wife and Daughter were rear ended yesterday in Reno . The plastic on the bumper has a cut in it, a small nick in the crome peice by the lift gate and a small dent in the lift gate. After some time in the hospital, a friend drove it home with them. The other car (Volvo) had to be towed because the front end was smashed in and there was coolant all over the ground. The other lady was talking on her cell phone at the time and didn't see them stop for traffic.

Will see what insureance folks say tomorrow.

Carl
Old 10-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks for the info Carl.

So sorry to hear about the accident. The main thing is that the wife and daughter are fine, cars can be replaced, loved ones can't.

Cell phones and texting ARRGGGHH! I got rear ended back in the spring, same scenario.
Old 10-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by loranimal View Post
Steering does not lock.

As an added note... the back end is tougher then it looks. Wife and Daughter were rear ended yesterday in Reno . The plastic on the bumper has a cut in it, a small nick in the crome peice by the lift gate and a small dent in the lift gate. After some time in the hospital, a friend drove it home with them. The other car (Volvo) had to be towed because the front end was smashed in and there was coolant all over the ground. The other lady was talking on her cell phone at the time and didn't see them stop for traffic.

Will see what insureance folks say tomorrow.

Carl
I am sorry for the accident that your family was involved in. Glad all are going to be ok. It also sounds as if the repairs will be limited. Unlike many other states (which really don't enforce it), Nevada does not have a cell phone law. Maybe it is time for them to join the rest of the country.

Greg & Lynn (Full-Timing)
2011 Phaeton 42 QBH / Spartan Chassis
2003 Jeep GC Overland in Tow
FDchief is offline   Reply With Quote