In my 2012 Flex, I put it in N. turn the Valet Key as far back (left) as it will go. Dash lights are off.
The key will not go to OFF when in N. and cannot be removed in ACC. It UNLOCKS the Steering Wheels
The DW has left it one click forward and it ran the battery down.
FROM THE BOOK
All-wheel drive (AWD) vehicles can be towed with all four wheels on
the ground or with all four wheels off the ground using a vehicle
transport trailer. Do not tow your AWD vehicle with the front
wheels off the ground (by using a tow dolly) and the rear wheels
on the ground; this will cause damage to your AWD system. If you
are using a vehicle transport trailer, follow the instruction specified by
the equipment provider. If you are towing with all four wheels on the
ground, refer to the towing instructions below.
If you tow your vehicle with all four wheels on the ground, follow these
• Tow only in the forward direction.
• Release the parking brake.
• Place the transmission shift lever in N (Neutral).
• Place the ignition in the accessory position (refer to Starting in the
• Do not exceed 65 mph (105 km/h)
• Start the engine and allow it to run for five minutes at the beginning
of each day and at each fuel stop.
04 Horizon QD, 12 Ford Flex, Excalibar, Brakemaster, Winter Texan, RVin! since 1974
Norm, Donna & Tinker Kat 74 MGB-GT, 75 MGB, 01 Z3
Life is a Timed Event, you only get One Go Around!